By joining the NHS and Herefordshire & Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, you become part of a talented, dedicated team of experts who are passionate about helping the NHS get the most from its estates, keeping the buildings and equipment used by nursing and clinical teams in a safe condition. By working together, we can drive real change for the NHS and enable our healthcare professionals to focus on providing excellent patient care.
The Estates team are looking to recruit an organised and efficient Estates Officer (Projects). The post will be based at Kings Court 1, Worcester but will have responsibility across both Herefordshire & Worcestershire. The role requires a high level of attention to detail, accuracy and the ability to work under pressure using own initiative.Main duties of the job
In addition, as part of the NHS you will gain access to wide ranging colleague benefits and support, including
- Annual leave 27 days, non-inclusive of the 8 UK public holidays (35 days in total)
- Sick and Parental Leave
- Local discounts on Gym memberships, restaurants, and cafÃ©s
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programmes
- Blue Light Card
- Highly Competitive NHS Pension.
- Act as an Authorised/Responsible and/or Competent person in two specialist estates systems
- Update., maintain and support the development of the Estates Computer Aided Facilities Management (CAFM) systems current Concerto FM.
- To maintain quality and performance standards to ensure that allocated work is completed effectively and efficiently in accordance with Estates Policy
- Lead maintenance, backlog and minor capital project work across the Trusts portfolio
- Manage the Trusts Redecoration programme
- Line manage countywide trade staff
- Support the Head of Estates in external bidding for grants and other schemes.
- Support the Head of Estates with the Trusts NetZero action plan
- Contribute to the production of business cases for capital projects and self delivery options.
Apply today and be a part of the NHS team!About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached. Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Evidence of continuing professional development, experience working in public sector organisations, I.E NHS, Local Authority, Police, Fire Service etc.
- Experience in developing new technical procedures.
- Experience in planning and project management
- Experience with a wide range of Estates operational compliance and regulatory frameworks, including systems and processes
- Experience in planning complex projects in a changing environment with multiple stakeholders.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Educated to degree level and/or equivalent qualification or able to demonstrate equivalent standing through experience
- Relevant management qualification or equivalent experience in managing projects in an estate environment
- IOSH Certificate for Managing Safety
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.