Are you interested in working in the digital space? Passionate about improving health and care through providing digital support services and helping to future proof our NHS through digital transform? If the answer is yes, then we want to talk to you! We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our Team.
This role sits within the Technical Operations Strategic Business Unit (SBU) of NHIS. The main objective of the Technical SBU is the delivery of Service Level Agreements, designing and implementing technical solutions in accordance with clinical and IT strategies for, and with, our Partners and Customers.
We support the IT Infrastructure on all levels, from end user technical support to performing upgrades and installations within the Datacentres hosted at Kings Mill Hospital and the Network and Telecoms infrastructure incorporating the GP and Community Health practices within the County of Nottinghamshire and beyond. We aim to ensure the continuation of normal service with minimal business impact to our customers.
Our vision is to help transform care by being an integrated provider of ICT services and support, delivering a high-quality end user experience that links strategy, innovation and technology for our local Health and Social care community.Main duties of the job
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.About us
Nottinghamshire Health Informatics Service (NHIS) are an Information Management & Technology (IM& T) service provider. We supply digital services including Infrastructure Management, Cyber Security, a full range of 1st, 2nd & 3rd Line Technical Support Services, along with Professional and Transformation services including Project Management & Training teams. NHIS are a shared service hosted by Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (SFHFT) supporting Health and Care organisations across the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Integrated Care System (ICS). We work collaboratively with our partner & customer organisations to help deliver their digital & transformational initiatives & strategies, providing expertise and knowledge gained through years of experience. We provide support to over 13,000 users at nearly 800 sites with around 150 internal dedicated staff. Our main aim is to help improve health and care services for citizens by working with organisations to improve the digital experience for the Health and Care workforce and for our local population, ultimately providing a data rich ICS with a focus on the sharing of information and interoperability.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.Person SpecificationKnowledge RequirementsEssential
- Ability to manage external customers and contractors
- Ability to establish and performance manage the delivery of Service Level Agreements.
- Highest level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to deal with highly complex and sensitive issues
- Ability to negotiate, persuade and influence at all levels both within and across organisational boundaries
- Ability to make sound decisions on operational and service issues and developments based on knowledge and experience
- Excellent knowledge of Health Care IT
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Information Governance
- Ability to understand and promote best practice in IT.
- Ability to write and present reports and proposals to senior managers and external agencies
- Ability to anticipate impact of internal and external decisions on the IT service and make appropriate preparations.
- Excellent knowledge of the IT security environment
- Excellent Communicator with good presentation skills able to adapt content and delivery to meet the needs of the audience
- Excellent problems solving skills coupled with the ability to concentrate in a busy support environment, decision making and facilitation skills
- Staff motivation skills
- Application of Risk Management within an IT environment.
- Use of Analytical Toolsets, e.g. PowerBI
- Educated to masters level or equivalent experience.
- In possession of the PRINCE2 Project Management Foundation Qualification
- In possession of the PRINCE2 Project Management Practitioner Qualification
- Professionally recognised IM& T qualification and/or management qualification (Cisco, Microsoft etc)
- ITIL Service Management
- Management experience in an ICT arena.
- 10 years experience of working in an ICT customer service/technical operations
- Experience of managing contracts, which includes overall responsibility for the relationship as well as for individual projects or programmes to be delivered
- Experience of system procurement
- Strategy development and implementation
- Experience in the development and management of service level agreements, commercial contracts and account management
- Experience managing complex and sensitive programmes and projects that require significant clinical and executive engagement for success
- Researching, analysing and presenting information to Executives and Board members
- Successfully managing a diverse team
- Sound IT skills in word processing, spread-sheet, presentation and email software
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of professionals to very large groups
- Ability to motivate staff, colleagues and stakeholders to achieve the project outcomes
- NHS / public sector experience
- Significant appreciation, knowledge and experience of good IT practice across the acute sector
- Experience of major system procurement
- Significant knowledge of Health Care IT
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work flexibly, outside normal office hours, in order to suit the needs of the users.
- Ability to travel in order to attend meetings/deliver training at point of need.
- Clean driving licence and use of own car
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.