Are you looking for a change of direction to a more clinically focussed career? Do you aspire to be a hospital pharmacist with a strong focus on patient care? We have the perfect position for you!
Our Trust offers excellent opportunities for ambitious pharmacists to develop their career in a clinically focussed environment supported by and working alongside our advanced pharmacists.
Our band 6 roles offer 3 monthly rotations through several clinical and support areas including Medicine, Surgery, Paediatrics, Cancer & Aseptic Services, Medicines Information and community. Each rotation is specifically designed to provide you with a broad range of experiences and build general level skills, which will provide a platform to progress your career forward.
We also support our pharmacists through the Joint Programme Board Diploma in General Pharmacy Practice, Independent Prescribing and Leadership courses as part of our Education Strategy, which is integral to our department.
If you are ready to begin in an interactive and exciting environment and be directly involved with patient care, this would be a great step towards a rewarding career We welcome applications from newly qualified pharmacists, community pharmacists who are interested in expanding their practice into hospitals, overseas pharmacists with GPhC registration andTrainee pharmacists' due to register shortly. We are also interested in hearing from you if you are already an existing band 6 pharmacist.Main duties of the job
- To provide a clinical pharmacy service within the rotational areas, working through set objectives with the guidance of Senior Pharmacists.
- Each rotation is 3 months.
- To support dispensary services assisting with validation and checking process.
- To participate in education and training of pharmacy, nursing and medical staff.
- To undertake activities within your personal development plan such as post graduate programs.
- To participate in the provision of on-call out of hours service, late duty, weekend and bank holiday rotas.
Listen to why colleagues think we're a great place to work! https://youtu.be/WI5TbW46-EU What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile working opportunities, alongside your NHS benefits of generous annual leave entitlement, pension and access to NHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity within our BHT family improves positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Degree in Pharmacy (MPharm/BSc Pharmacy) Registered Pharmacist: Member of General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) Member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS)
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Experience of hospital pharmacy
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication to ensure liaison with multi-disciplinary team, patients and carers and to ensure records are kept accurately and in a legible manner.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel to other sites within the Trust and to venues for training
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.