We have an exciting opportunity available for an enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive Principal Lead Sonographer, to join our Ultrasound team at Wirral University Teaching Hospital (WUTH).
You will act as a clinical lead for Ultrasound, where you will be responsible for the daily management and coordination of the ultrasound services we provide.
We provide a 7-day service, across 4 key sites on the Wirral Peninsula. As part of this role, you may be required to work across all 4 sites (Arrowe Park, St Catherine's, Victoria Central and our new Clatterbridge Diagnostic Centre).
The service covers both obstetric and general ultrasound departments as well as a variety of sub-specialties including head/neck, MSK and paediatrics. We actively encourage career development and have regular training opportunities available.
We have recently developed a new preceptorship programme, for both our newly qualified students and any newly qualified sonographers joining our trust, which you will also help manage.
Applicants must hold a recognised ultrasound qualification (PgCert, PgDip or Direct-Entry Masters) and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom with HCPC/NMC/ Equivalent registration.
Nuchal Translucencyaccreditation is desirable for obstetric sonographers, although training will be provided if required.
Typical full-time hours are 08:30-17:00, 5 working days (Monday-Friday). However, alternative working patterns and job shares will be considered.Main duties of the job
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of the ultrasound service within the Trust
- Ensure the effective and efficient running of the ultrasound Service with due regard to available resources. Allocating activity to ensure maximised use of capacity. Using data to inform decisions
- Contribute to the continuous improvement and modernisation of Ultrasound Services, ensuring implementation of improvements to provide a whole system approach
- Monitor and evaluate capacity and demand data to guide decision making
- Demonstrate effective leadership qualities and promote teamwork
- Undertake initial investigation of patient and user complaints, exercising judgement and initiative. Must be able to take appropriate actions to resolve the problem/complaint
- Promote a working culture that improves quality and promotes quality initiatives
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as competent and caring staff by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral's only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Principal Lead Sonographer position available with WUTH.Person SpecificationQualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Bachelor of Science qualification in radiography and/or equivalent relevant qualification
- HCPC Registered
- Post graduate qualification in ultrasound
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Master of Science qualification and/or equivalent relevant qualification
- Post graduate management qualification
- Significant post graduate clinical experience (including suitable experience in ultrasound)
- Management experience
- Change management experience
- Evidence of audit analysis
- Project management experience
- Team Player
- Commitment to quality
- Willingness to undergo further training according to the needs of the post
- Satisfactory CPD portfolio
- Membership of professional bodies
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work across sites
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Arrowe Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.