The Division of Medicine is looking to recruit a dynamic, hardworking and compassionate leader to work within the Business Support Unit.
The successful candidate will be supporting the Cardiology Service, with particular focus around supporting service delivery and elective restoration across admitted, non-admitted and diagnostic pathways.
The post holder will also be responsible for coordinating the delivery of accelerated activity part of Sherwood Forest's Community Diagnostic Centre funding, in advance of the site opening at Mansfield Community Hospital.
Working hours are Monday to Friday, during core hours. The post is primarily based at Kings Mill Hospital however the ability to travel to and work from Newark Hospital and Mansfield Community Hospital as required is essential.
As an Associate Operations Manager, you will be working in a fast-paced environment and will support all aspects of service delivery, such as the effective management of patient pathways, supporting the financial delivery of services, project management and continuous service improvement.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual who is keen to gain additional experience of managing a broad range of complex patient pathways, working in a high performance Operational Team to help make a real contribution towards outstanding and efficient patient care.Main duties of the job
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here, and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall, we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients we also care for you.
Our culture of learning, compassion and taking a person-centred approach are at the roots of our organisation. We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attached.Person SpecificationKnowledge RequirementsEssential
- oSpecialist knowledge of principles of service development/improvement and performance management.
- Advanced knowledge of associated processes and systems.
- Advanced keyboard skills.
- Working knowledge of the NHS including management knowledge.
- oKnowledge of business/performance management techniques
- oAdvanced skills in analysing and interpreting complex business related information.
- oExperience of Capacity and Demand tools and techniques
- Experience of National Waiting Time Standards for NHS Providers
- Management knowledge or experience to degree level equivalent.
- 4 GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English
- Significant experience of service development/improvement and performance management processes.
- Experience of developing reports and business cases and presenting.
- Evidence of team working, supervisory and leadership skills
- Ability to present information to both large and small groups up to senior leve
- Experience of NHS and/or healthcare services
- Evidence of project management experience
- Evidence of business case development experience
- Flexibility to meet the demands of the service
- Occasional requirement to travel between sites
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Car User
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.