Surrey Downs Health & Care
As part of our recent expansion and growth, we have an opening for a Band 7 District Nurse. This vacancy arises from the well-deserved promotion of one of our dedicated District Nurses to the role of Clinical Lead.
Our team comprising of three District Nurses, each responsible for managing their own caseload of patients. They lead teams consisting of Band 6, Band 5, and HCA members who report to them. Our success is built on collaboration and mutual support among these three DN leaders, who work closely together, providing peer support and encouragement to each other.
Epsom PCN is committed to creating a friendly and supportive work environment, where strong relationships and mutual encouragement flourish. We recognise the diverse life commitments of our team members, and we go the extra mile to offer roles that accommodate the needs of individuals.
Whether you are seeking opportunities for career growth, require flexibility to balance family responsibilities, value autonomy in your work, or aspire to collaborate with exceptional colleagues, we are here to support your present and future ambitions.
We are proud to share that our outstanding team has been nominated for the 'Better Together Award' this September, a testament to the fantastic workplace culture we have cultivated.
So if you are eager to be part of an amazing team that values collaboration, personal growth, and a supportive atmosphere, we invite you to apply to join us at Epsom PCN.Main duties of the job
- Demonstrate clinical expertise and act as a professional role model to all staff, both internal and external on behalf of Surrey Downs Health and Care, working as part of a team taking the lead and developing services in line with the needs of the patient
- Treat all patients as individuals, respecting their privacy and dignity at all times
- Be accountable for assessments and care planning, and prescribing appropriately for the patient group Involving, supporting, informing and educating family/carers
- Promote the health of patients and the provision of support and advice Be responsible for planning cover, appropriate staffing and skill mix ensuring adequate cover at all times
- Provide specialist knowledge and advice to influence the Surrey Downs Health and Care strategic agenda
- Maintain clear and comprehensive, signed and contemporaneous records according to procedures
- Identify workforce planning issues and actively participate in the recruitment, selection and retention of clinical staff
- Provide support and an appropriate learning environment for both pre and post registration students as required
Surrey Downs Health and Care deliver care closer to people's own communities through our Primary Care Networks, Community Hospitals, Specialist Services and our innovative partnership of local NHS organisations.
Surrey Downs Health and Care has a track record of providing person centered care that goes beyond organisational boundaries to do what is best for the individual. This partnership includes:
- The three GP federations GP Health Partners, Dorking Health Care and Surrey Medical Network representing practices that operate in the Surrey Downs area
- CSH Surrey
- Epsom and St Helier's University Hospitals NHS Trust
- Surrey Council County
Historically, there have been boundary lines between the organisations that provide care to people in their homes, in GP surgeries and in hospitals, but we have always been united in our mission to provide great care to the people who need us.
It's on those grounds that the Surrey Downs Health and Care was formed - we want local people to receive the care that they need in the right environment. By bringing together our expertise, we can improve patient care and enable local people to access the right support, care and treatment more easily than ever before.
In bringing this partnership together, we are working to the same set of values that will translate into better care for our residents.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please review attached job specification for a detailed job description and outline of the main responsibilities.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential QualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- DN qualification
- Drivers licence
- Registration with NMC
Epsom and St Helier University Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.