The Rotherham NHS Trust is a digitally mature organisation with two Electronic Patient Records, MEDITECH and SystmOne. The Trust has a fantastic digital offer and as such was, along with our partners across Rotherham, the only place to be awarded Digital Aspirant Funding to continue development of this digital offer.The Health Informatics Directorate is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our busy IT Training Team on a fixed term basis for 6 months to enable further support to our customers as they continue their Digital by Default journey.Interviews will be held in person on Tuesday 5 December 2023.For further information, please contact Wendy Herman, IT Training Manager via email on firstname.lastname@example.orgMain duties of the job
The main duties of the role are to:To provide training delivery on the use of clinical IT Systems comprising of the Trusts Electronic Patient Record (EPR), ensuring the delivery of the highest quality customer care meeting Training Standards.To design and develop high quality eLearning, videos, trainer materials and course design to meet the needs of the Trust customers and follow Training Standards. In house training will be provided to create eLearning and videos.To provide training customer service and support to systems users, providing high quality subject and system knowledge.The successful candidate will have a passion for supporting and teaching others. They will be an excellent communicator and will exhibit proven high standards of customer care.This fixed term contract will suit any training professional wanting to gain NHS experience in Rotherham. It will also suit someone with a passion for helping others and wishes to step into the training profession.About us
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust is a combined acute and community Trust serving a population of over 260,000 with over 4,500 staff. Our vision is to always act the right way and be proud to provide exceptional healthcare to the communities of Rotherham. We are working successfully with partners across South Yorkshire as part of the Integrated Care Board where we are leading and collaborating in several key work streams and service areas, including workforce development. We combine our patient first approach with innovation and care against a backdrop of system working, as encapsulated in our Trust values
AMBITIOUS - We set high standards for the services we deliver. We aim to be an outstanding Trust and we are enthusiastic about delivering excellent health care for our patients.
CARING - We embrace the importance of giving the highest possible quality of care for our patients. We also care for each other as colleagues and for the community, our resources, our environment and our future.
TOGETHER - We value the importance of working together with patients, carers and families to ensure that we provide high quality patient centred care. We are committed to working with partners and stakeholders across Rotherham, South Yorkshire and Bassetlaw to develop sustainable services for the population we serve. Getting the right leaders in the Trust is critical to achieving.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, for both our patients and our workforce.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached the job description and person specification for the full details about the role and the responsibilities.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
- MS Windows and MS Office.
- MS Exchange e-mail, and Outlook Web Access.
- Virtual Learning environments and Distance learning tools.
- Teaching and Learning techniques.
- Web Development tools and Web content production.
- IT Hardware (Laptops/mobile devices/smart boards/scanners etc).
- Knowledge of Project Management principles.
- Relevant experience delivering training on a 1: 1 or classroom basis.
- Working in a team.
- Design/production of learning or training materials.
- Clinical Systems Training experience or clinical background.
- Experience of NHS IT systems.
- Formal Teaching qualification eg. C& G 7307 & Certificate in Education.
- Level 3 IT Qualification (eg RSA IBTIII, Word-processing/Typing RSAIII).
- Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification or equivalent (eg ECDL).
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Membership of Professional Organisation (eg BCS, ASSIST, IITT, CIPD).
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work on own initiative and deliver under pressure against guidelines
- Good interpretive/analytical skills.
- Good problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Ability to motivate and influence staff at all levels.
- Well-developed facilitation skills.
- Due to the nature of the role it is essential that applicants are able to travel independently across the county and have access to a suitable vehicle for business purposes. If necessary, adjustments can be considered in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
The Rotherham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.