Full time 37.5 hours per week (part time hours considered) over a 24/7 shift rota. Secondments will be considered for this role.
Due to further investment in the service and now offering a Street Triage Service with Derbyshire Police, we are looking to expand our team and are interested in candidates who hold a professional registration as a Registered Mental Health Nurse, Registered Social Worker or Registered Occupational Therapist who have experience working in mental health.
The team consists of DHCFT clinicians and Voluntary Sector Services with DHCFT clinical staff working alongside our P3 triage workers. The team are very supportive of each other, embracing the team vision: C.A.R.E - creating a service that is Compassionate, Aspirational, Respectful & Equal to provide safe, effective, and responsive care for our patients.
The service is unique and innovative within Derbyshire, providing a 24/7 open access helpline for an all age, all need service for individuals experiencing mental health distress. The service provides local residents with access to the very best mental health care and support, encompassing the NHS principle, right care, right time and right place.Main duties of the job
You will uphold a dynamic way of working, providing clinical support where needed to our P3 colleagues while offering a triage function, responding to individuals who come into contact with Emergency and Out of Hours Services such as Derbyshire Police, East Midlands Ambulance Service and NHS 111, delivering face to face assessments where indicated.
We now offer a Street Triage Service (currently a 12-month pilot) following a successful pilot last year with Derbyshire Police, responding with a police officer to mental health related incidents across the county between the hours of 16:00-00:00 to reduce 136 and ED attendance.
You will also work closely with the Safe haven in Derby which is run by the Charity Richmond Fellowship with exciting developments planned for this to be expanded to the North of the county alongside Crisis Cafes later this year.About us It's not just our Derbyshire Mental Health Helpline & Support Service which is impressive but the Trust itself is exceptional in its approach to healthcare. Here are the reasons why:
Join 'Team Derbyshire Healthcare' and become part of a talented, compassionate and enthusiastic workforce committed to a vision of 'making a positive difference in people's lives'.
CQC rated us as 'GOOD' overall, commenting on how our colleagues treated patients with compassion and kindness and felt positive and proud about working for the trust.
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description and Person Specification. To apply, please click APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site. You will need to register if you do not already have an account.
- Commitment to flexible working where this is possible
- 27 days annual leave/year plus bank holidays, increasing to 29 days after 5 years & 33 days after 10 years' service
- Yearly appraisal and commitment to ongoing training
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Good maternity, paternity and adoption benefits
- Health service discounts and online benefits
- Incremental pay progression
- Free confidential employee assistance programme 24/7
- Access to our LGBT+ network, BAME Network and Christian Network
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
- Structured learning and development opportunities
Due to covering a 24/7 service staff are paid enhancements working afternoons, nights and weekends.
If you are a keen and compassionate individual and have a passion in delivering safe and effective care to service users and their families, please Submit your application via this advert and our recruitment team will support you through your application.
If you wish to discuss the role/service further, then please contact me via email email@example.com or on 01246 932337.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Skills and ExperienceEssential
- Registered Nurse Mental Health qualification / Social Worker / OT
- Evidence of specialist training.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate significant post registration clinical expertise in chosen specialty
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise of assessment, formulation, care delivery and review in an acute mental health setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to be able to work as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team and Inter agency working.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in partnership with service receivers and carers in the assessment, planning, delivery and review of care
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise in CPA / risk assessment and risk management skills
- Demonstrate up to date evidence based knowledge for Professional Practice generally and the chosen specialty.
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Ripley Town Hall
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.