We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and experienced Team Manager (Band 7) to work within our Mental Health Liaison Team, based at the Hereford Stonebow Unit and working within Hereford County Hospital.
The Team Manager will work closely with our existing MHLT practitioners and core members of our multi-disciplinary team. You will be working at the interface between physical and psychological health, bringing your knowledge and expertise to complex discussions and decision-making together with Wye Valley Trust colleagues.
We support patients with a wide range of needs, including self-harm, adjustment to illness, physical and psychological co-morbidities. As there is no entrance requirement for A& E and people's perceptions of what constitutes a mental health emergency or crisis can vary, people are referred to our team with a variety of needs. For some people this may even be their first contact with mental health services, making their contact with us a critical part of their journey to recovery.Main duties of the job
The Liaison Team provide 24/7 accessible and supportive mental health services to WVT. Referrals are received from A& E & wards for patients of working age and older people.
The Team Manger will be skilled at managing operational systems, whilst compassionately supporting and managing staff. The successful candidate will adopt a Monday - Friday working pattern. The post-holder will fulfil the role of primary contact for the Acute Trust and is required to build excellent relationships with WVT.
The appointable candidate will have good leadership skills and be motivated to develop the service, working together with the team, to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients, providing the right care, in the right place, at the right time, by the right person.The post holder will:
- Operate as part of a multidisciplinary team providing Liaison Services to Acute Hospitals countywide for people aged 17 and over.
- Plan and manage workloads of all staff within practice area to including the allocation of staffing resources, planning patient care and groups etc.
- Act as budget holder for practice area delivering efficient services within allocated financial resources.
- Manage the delivery of care in their practice area.
- Lead in the recruitment and selection of staff.
- Undertake appraisals and supervision.
We are community hospitals, neighbourhood teams and community health services across Worcestershire and the provider of Mental Health and Learning Disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire. We work in partnership with other organisations to keep our community well at home for as long as possible.
We provide services for people of all ages, across a range of settings, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions.
We have an open and supportive culture, recognised by the CQC and other external regulators. We want you to thrive, offering you every opportunity to develop. We will support you help you fulfil your ambitions with a varied and flexible training programme and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. We endeavour to offer an attractive work-life balance, with flexibility in our approach to help you get the most out of your career.
We provide our staff with direct access to a wealth of resources to support their wellbeing, from our Staff Mental Health and Wellbeing Hub, to wellbeing festivals or access to free online exercise classes.
At the core of our values, we are committed to equality, diversity, inclusion and human rights. We take every opportunity to strengthen our approach to equality and diversity in delivering best patient care and the employment of our staff.
We would encourage you to visit the Trusts Recruitment Microsite, click the Employer Website link.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- At least 2 years post qualification experience
- Experience of working with
- severe and enduring mental illness
- Management and leadership in a multidisciplinary environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Registered Adult Nurse, Occupational Therapist or Social Worker.
- Evidence of on-going continuing professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.