This exciting one-year maternity cover will involve leading on psychology and psychological therapies in the Crawley Assessment and Treatment Team. There are opportunities for flexible working.Main duties of the job
You will join a friendly, highly-skilled and enthusiastic community of psychologists and psychological therapists in North West Sussex. Our current psychological therapy staff in Crawley ATS include two Practitioner Psychologists, a CBT therapist, CAT therapist, Family Intervention Practitioner, Assistant Psychologist and two Mental Health Wellbeing Practitioners. Our psychological therapists offer specialist assessments and interventions, psychological formulation and team consultation. The successful candidate will have skills and experience in supervising other psychologists and psychological therapists, either qualified or in training. They will also have an interest in supporting colleagues to develop and use psychological thinking in their work and in contributing psychological perspectives to the wider team and service.About us
Staff wellbeing is of central importance in the trust as a whole and in the North West Sussex Service. Our most recent psychological therapies away day focussed on this, as did our last NWS leadership away day. There is an emphasis on encouraging and supporting our staff to develop, whilst working in psychologically safe environments.
Sussex Partnership provides mental health and learning disability care for all age groups across Sussex and for children and young people in Hampshire.
Living and Working in West Sussex:
- Travel easily between coast and countryside, with a blend of picturesque villages and seaside towns
- Embrace the South Coast with a great range of historic and contemporary seaside towns
- According to the Met Office West Sussex is the sunniest county in the UK, making exploring the vast countryside all the more enjoyable
Wed love you to join our Trust, rated good overall and outstanding for caring by the CQC. Our staff agree, in our recent staff survey 82% told us that they recognise that care for patients is our top priority.
Key survey results include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- 70% highlighting flexible working opportunities as a key point for satisfaction at work
- 79% reporting feeling able to make suggestions to improve the work within their team
- 77% identifying the opportunities to show initiative in their roles
For informal enquiries please contact Dr Emma Bell, Consultant Clinical Psychologist, Lead for Psychology and Psychological Therapies in North West Sussex Adult Community Services
Graham Shepherd, Service Manager, Crawley Assessment and Treatment Service
- Post-graduate doctoral level training in applied psychology [or its equivalent for those trained prior to 1996 or outside the UK] as approved by the HCPC, including specifically models of psychopathology, clinical psychometrics, two or more distinct psychological therapies and lifespan developmental psychology.
- Professionally registered as a Practitioner Psychologist with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Significant assessed experience of working as a qualified psychologist.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course and presenting with the full range of clinical severity across the full range of care settings including outpatient, community, primary care, in-patient and residential care settings severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Experience of exercising full clinical responsibility for clients' psychological care and treatment, both as a professionally qualified care coordinator and also within the context of a multidisciplinary care plan.
- Doctoral level knowledge of research design and methodology.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of highly specialised psychological therapies and assessment methodologies.
- Evidence of continuing professional development as required by the HCPC.
- Formal training in supervision of other psychologists.
Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
218 Ifield Drive
218 Ifield drive, Ifield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.