An exciting opportunity has arisen on Oxborough Ward, to join our dedicated team. We are looking for a Senior Sister/Charge Nurse to manage our dedicated team.
Oxborough is a busy Gastroenterology/ medical ward that consist of five bays and three side rooms.
This is an ideal opportunity for a committed and compassionate healthcare professional to advance their career. Full support, guidance, training and coaching will be given to you, as the successful candidate. If you would love to join our team of friendly faces, we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
- Having continuing responsibility for the 24 hour management of the ward and delivery of patient care.
- To have responsibility for the line management of ward based nursing staff e.g. Housekeeper, Ward Clerk.
- To promote continuous development in clinical practice and deliver of patient care, encouraging innovation, improvement and appropriate change in service delivery.
- To manage resources within agreed budget.
- To provide a suitable and stimulating learning environment for students and for the ongoing professional development of registered staff.
- To maintain communication networks at all appropriate clinical and managerial levels.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (QEH) King's Lynn is located near some of the most beautiful scenery in the UK, along the north Norfolk coast, and not far from Sandringham House.
We provide a comprehensive range of specialist, acute, obstetrics and community-based healthcare services to around 331,000 people across west and north Norfolk, in addition to parts of Breckland, Cambridgeshire and South Lincolnshire.
We have more than 4,000 staff and volunteers, approximately 530 beds, and a helipad for air ambulances. We work with neighbouring hospitals for the provision of tertiary services, including as part of regional partnership and network models of care, such as the trauma network.
In February 2022 the significant progress that has been made at QEH was recognised by the Care Quality Commission who rated the Trust as 'Good' in all of the core services they inspected. They recommended the Trust moves out of the recovery support system (formerly special measures).Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information on this fantastic opportunity at Team QEH, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good general education
- Registered Nurse or a Professional registration within healthcare
- ENB 998 or equivalent
- Degree in Nursing
- Evidence of further continued professional development
- Relevant managerial experience within the NHS
- Previous experience as shift/team leader
- Experience of teaching/supporting students, Healthcare Assistants and other qualified staff
- Experience of participating in budget management
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competency in IV drug administration and Infusion pump skills
- Good time management skills
- Managerial and leadership ability
- Knowledge of evidence informed and research based practice
- Knowledge of up to date nursing and NHS issues
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHSFTAddress
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.