The Rheumatology Clinical Nurse Specialist is an integral part of the wider multi-disciplinary team. They will provide expert nursing as a key member of our growing rheumatology service.
With patients at the heart of what we do we always strive for excellence within a team approach to holistic care of patients who have a broad range of rheumatological diseases.
We believe in a person centred, individualised approach to patient care where patient education, medicines optimisation and a multi disciplinary team approach ensures best outcome.
We have enthusiam, skill and sound team spirit always aiming to ensure our patients receive the optimum rheumaotlogy service.Main duties of the job
You will manage rheumatology patients in our outpatient departments for both face to face and telephone clinics.
As part of your role you will assess disease activity and initiate disease modifying treatments, manage monitoring and screening bloods ensuring vigilance and patient safety.
You will take part in out multidisciplinary team meetings for Biologic therapy and Early Inflammatory arthritis.
You will champion service user experience though clinic and our busy advice line service.
You are or are willing to become a non- medical prescriber.
You are keen to progress and learn and share knowledge with your patient group and professional colleagues.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ qualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse.
- Post registration experience in a relevant speciality
- Teaching and Assessing qualification or equivalent teaching experience
- Undergraduate degree in nursing or related subject.
- Masters in related subject or working towards MSc
- Non - medical prescriber or willing to undertake this course.
- Post registration study/qualification relevant to specialty.
- Significant post registration experience in specialty area
- Experience managing patients relevant to specialist area.
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Proven teaching and assessing skills
- Experience in Rheumatology specialty
- Demonstrate commitment though involvement in Trust wide initiatives/committees
- Able to demonstrate highly developed knowledge of rheumatology patients.
- Knowledge of research, audit and implementation of findings and review of outcomes.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Ability to practice within the scope of the NMC Code of Professional conduct.
- Good IT skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrate commitment through involvement in Trust wide initiative and committees.
- Engagement with relevant organisations and charities
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.