You have almost reached the finish line and obtained that qualification you have been waiting for, but do you know how you can get your career off to the great start it deserves? We do!
Vacancies across our inpatient and community services in Southampton, Winchester, Lymington, Basingstoke, Alton, Portsmouth and Petersfield!
When you join Southern Health as a Nurse, we offer a bespoke preceptorship programme to kick-start you into your nursing career. The course consists of seven core days and five individualised study days over a twelve month period with the core days being alternate months. The beauty about the study days is that you can choose what you study meaning you can tailor the training to suit your own personal and development needs.
Not only this, we can provide you with the much needed support and assistance to help you build your confidence as a nurse! We can offer the following:
- Networking with other newly qualified professionals
- Support with clinical skills and mandatory training, annual performance reviews and development reviews
- Continuing CPD development through our extensive trust education and training programmes
- Regular monthly clinical supervision
- Regular management supervision
- Paid Annual Leave
- Free DBS check
Happy to Talk Flexible Working- all requests for flexible and part time working will be considered.
Find out more about Southern Health on our social media pages: https://www.facebook.com/SHNFTCareers | https://www.instagram.com/shft_careers/ Main duties of the job
To provide high standards of care for patients and their families by assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care without direct supervision but within scope of professional practice.About us
Are you committed to providing remarkable care and service?Are you passionate about helping people and want to make a difference every day?We want to meet you!
Southern Health is one of the largest Foundation Trusts in the UK, specialising in mental health, adult and child community health and learning disabilities. We are committed to promoting the welfare and safeguarding of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and neglect through our 6,500 strong workforce.
Southern Health has over 300 sites across the county and we serve 1.5 million people throughout all stages of their lives. Our aim is to work alongside the people we support (and our health and care partners) to deliver the best possible care and constantly improve.
Here at SHFT we have so much to be proud of:
- Working as a team and supporting each other, we put patients and our staff at the heart of everything we do.
- We have a skilled and diverse workforce and are committed to our staff development, offering bespoke training packages, leadership pathways and career opportunities.
- We offer a variety of benefits such as an amazing pension scheme, generous annual leave, Childcare Choices scheme, many discounts (Blue Light card, The Company Shop, NHS Staff Discounts, cycle to work scheme) and much more.
Come to work with us, together we will provide outstanding treatment and care to improve lives.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To assist in the delivery of effective services to patients within the hospital or community setting, utilizing evidence- based approach.
Adhere to policies and procedures and contribute to their development.
Ensure employment of effective risk management.
Support the Clinical Lead in meeting his/her aims and objectives.
Identify any changes to working practice that would enhance the care of patients and agree any changes with Clinical lead prior to implementation.
Uphold all standards as identified by the NMC, including Code of Professional conduct, documentation, medicines administration.
Act as patient's advocate.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- NMC Registered
- Ability to communicate effectively with people who have difficulty understanding
- Ability to recognise and respond to behaviour that challenges
Southern Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Swan Street, Petersfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.