An excellent development opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated Clinical Pharmacy Technician to join our diverse team supporting in the Discharge Lounge.
A key part of this role requires you to work alongside the Discharge Lounge team, Pharmacy and ward staff to assist Patients with their safe and timely discharge from hospital.
You will be responsible for ensuring Discharge medication is made available in a timely manner and Patients are informed about the medication they will need to take following their Discharge.
This is unique role has been successfully piloted across UHB there is a post available at Queen Elizabeth, Good Hope and Heartlands Hospitals.
There is a requirement to participate in the rota for late nights, weekends, and bank holidays.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for all essential and desirable criteria required for the role.
For further information about the role please contact Helen Laws -- firstname.lastname@example.org -- 0121 627 8730.
UHB prides itself on its investment in staff both in terms of developing career skills but also its commitment to staff health and wellbeing.Main duties of the job
You must have good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate that you are self- motivated and flexible in your approach to your work to meet the requirements of our developing service. The Discharge Lounge can be a busy, fast paced environment so you must be able to respond to its challenges while providing a positive experience for the patient.
You will be involved with working closely with the Discharge Lounge team in co-ordinating the supply of TTO (to take out) medication for patients being discharged after their hospital stay, to continue with their care at home or other facility. You will ensure that patients have a complete and accurate supply of medication so will need to pay attention to detail. You will need to have excellent counselling skills in order to ensure Patients have a full understanding of the medication they need to take when they leave hospital and be able to address any concerns they may have.
Key Person Specification Requirements
*Registered experienced Pharmacy Technician.
*Accredited Checker Technician or working towards this qualification.
*A flexible approach to accommodate the needs of the service.
*Excellent communication skills
*Good time management skills
*Attention to detail.
This post offers in-service development training and the opportunity to gain valuable skills.
There is a requirement to participate in late nights, weekends, and bank holidays on a rotational basis.About us
We are recognised as one of the leading NHS Foundation Trusts in the UK. Our vision is to Build Healthier Lives, and we recognise that we need incredible staff to do this.
Our commitment to our staff is to create the best place for them to work, and we are dedicated to:
Investing in the health and wellbeing of our staff, including a commitment of offering flexible working where we can Offer our staff a wide variety of training and development opportunities, to support their personal and career development objectives.
UHB is committed to ensuring that our staff are treated fairly and feel that they belong, by creating a kind and inclusive environment. This is about equity of opportunity removing all barriers, including discrimination and ensuring each individual member of staff reach their true potential, achieve their ambitions and thrive in their work. This is more than words. We are taking action. Our commitment to an inclusive culture is embedded at all levels of the organisation where every voice is heard, driven by our diverse and active staff networks, and at Board level by the Fairness Taskforce led by our CEO. We nurture a culture which empowers staff to challenge discriminatory behaviours and to enable people to bring their 'whole self' to a kinder, more connected and bold place to work.
University Hospitals Birmingham is a Smoke-Free premises hospital.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
*Please Note : For a specific detailed job description for this vacancy, please see attached Job Description*Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- * GCSEs -- Mathematics and English (Grade B/5) and four other subjects including Science (Grade C/4)
- * GCSEs: Mathematics, English and Science (Grade C/4 or equivalent) and two other GCSEs (Grade C/4) and successful achievement of the pharmacy service skills Level 2 NVQ qualification (or equivalent)
- * Three A levels, one of which is a relevant science subject and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- * Degree in science or humanities and Mathematics B/5 (GCSE or equivalent)
- * Level 3 Diploma in Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians
- * BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Pharmaceutical Science and Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Pharmacy Service Skills or equivalent as defined by the General Pharmaceutical Council. Dispensing Accuracy Accreditation, West Midland's scheme or equivalent
- * Evidence of Continued Professional Development
- * Professional Registration with the GPhC
- * Accredited Checking Technician (National Framework)
Employer detailsEmployer name
- * Two years' work experience in Pharmacy pre-qualification
- * Currently practicing as a band 4 pharmacy technician / equivalent or above with post-qualification experience within an acute setting
- * The ability to demonstrate the equivalent level of knowledge and the relevant practical experience for the post
- * Significant experience within a pharmacy setting
- * Experience of the specialist function for area of responsibility
- * Experience of organising other grades of staff and their workload
- * Experienced in working to policies and procedures
- * Significant experience within a hospital pharmacy setting
- * Understanding of Good Distribution Practice (GDP)
- * Health and Safety at Work and COSHH Understanding of dispensing, stock control, supply and I.T systems and processes
- * Knowledge of Code of Practice / Customer Care
- * Knowledge of medicines, side effects and where to find further information
- * Knowledge of practices, policies and procedures associated with the job
- * Understands the need for delivering a cost effective service and the required work practices to reduce waste
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.