Past experience in one of the main specialisms is desirable but not essential as full training and support will be given to the right candidate.**
Are you a qualified Physiotherapist looking to continue in a rewarding career within a highly specialist service? If so, come and join the therapy department at Queen Victoria Hospital as part of our therapy team within Burns/Plastics/Head and Neck where you'll be supported asyou shape and empower recovery.
This roles work directly within well establish MDT's which include other Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Dietitians, Nursing Team, Psychological Therapists, Medical Colleagues (including Surgeons, Anesthetists and Intensivists). This diverse range of professionals gives access to excellent in house training driven by a range of highly experienced clinicians. This post has direct support via supervision from multiple advanced PTs, alongside buddy support from the other band 6's within the team.
You must have excellent clinical skills, be proactive and self-motivated, but most importantly have a passion for maintaining high standards of care for our patients.
If this sounds like an environment you would flourish in and a position that would interest and engage you, we would love to hear from you!Main duties of the job
What will you get?
- To work in a department with adaptable professional leadership who are dedicated to career development
- To be involved in clinical audit, research activities and innovative practice
- To work with a wide variety of patients within a shared caseload
- Access to excellent CPD activities - In-service training, medical training rotas, library support, regular supervision, funding to attend courses and conferences as well as extra 1:1 support when first starting the role
- To have the opportunity to work within an effective, supportive and cohesive multi-disciplinary team
- To develop alongside enthusiastic colleagues from a wide range of backgrounds
Main Duties of Role?
You will assess and treat a joint caseload of burns, plastics and head and neck patients both as inpatients on our critical care unit, high dependency unit and three wards and as outpatients in order to maximise patient recovery and function.
You will participate in the burns/plastics therapy team training and audit programme.
Deliver high quality patient centred rehabilitation maximising patient recovery and function.
To take a role in the day to day supervision, education and assessment of performance of junior physiotherapists and students.
To undertake evidence based audit and research projects to further own and the team's clinical practiceAbout us
Rated GOOD overall with outstanding care by the CQC. A specialist NHS hospital providing life-changing reconstructive surgery, burns care and rehabilitation services across the South of England and beyond.
A centre of excellence, with an international reputation for pioneering advanced techniques and treatments. Everything we do is informed by our passion for providing the highest quality care and the best clinical outcomes.
At QVH we are proud of our achievements and our specialist services continue to record excellent clinical outcomes for patients. We regularly receive excellent results from patient satisfaction surveys and on average 98% of inpatients say they would recommend the hospital to their family or friends.
Our success is underpinned by the skills and enthusiasm of our staff and a strong culture of partnership. We are fully committed to training and development of the workforce with support for continuing education and learning.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You can find further details about the job, organisational structure and benefits information in the attached Job Description and other supporting documents. Please contact us if you have any questions or would like to come for an informal visit.
If you like what you have read and think you have the skills and experience we need then don't delay, apply today!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Diploma/Degree in Occupational Therapy or Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
- Significant experience as a basic grade physiotherapist with a broad range of experiences within ward environments, including general trauma and CCU
- Involvement in audit, research and understanding of quality issues
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good time management
- Keen interest and enthusiasm for Hand Therapy
- Contribution to clinical education of less experienced staff, assistants or students
Queen Victoria Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Queen Victoria Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.