COME AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE and join our enthusiastic and committed team as an Emergency Department Paediatric Nurse. The department sees in excess of 52,000 patients per year (approximately 10,000 children), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, working closely with other acute trusts in the North West.
A recent investment has been agreed which will result in an upgrade of the existing Emergency Department.
As a Staff Nurse you will be expected to provide and promote the delivery of a high quality standard of patient centred care in a supported environment whilst working within nationally agreed standards for Sepsis and key performance indicators. Hours per week: Full time - 37.5 (part time hours available)Main duties of the job
The role of the Paediatric Staff Nurse is to support in the assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of high quality nursing care.
Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, the staff nurse will ensure patients receive the highest level of care, delivered using a holistic, patient-focused approach, while ensuring high standards of documentation are maintained.About us
Whether you are just starting out in your career or are looking to use your skills and experience in a new role, East Cheshire NHS Trust is the right employer for you. An organisation with a real sense of community we actively support and develop our staff to ensure our patients receive the best quality care, delivering the right care first time, every time.
COVID-19 vaccination remains the best way to protect yourself, your family, your colleagues and of course our patients from the virus when working in our healthcare settings. Whilst COVID-19 vaccination is not a condition of employment, we do encourage our staff to get vaccinated. We will be checking the vaccination status of all new starters as part of ongoing monitoring.
Please be aware that this post requires an Enhanced with Barred list Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which is payable by the successful candidate. If you have lived or worked abroad for 6 months or more in the last 5 years you will need to obtain an overseas police clearance. Further information can be found on the additional information links at the bottom of the advert.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read the attached Applicant Pack prior to completing your application form to find out more information.
Please download a copy of the Job Description and Person Specification located under the Supporting documents heading to read more about the advertised role.
As part of making your application we encourage you to review the Trusts Careers webpage www.careersateastcheshire.nhs.uk for more information about working for East Cheshire NHS Trust.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications irrespective of age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, race or religion. The Trust is a Disability Confident Leader and as such, applicants with disabilities will be offered an interview providing they meet the minimum criteria for the post (outlined in the Person Specification).
Applicants are advised to apply early as we reserve the right to close the advert prior to the advertised closing date should we receive a large number of applications.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current first level registration in General / Adult Nursing
- Minimum 12 months experience in area of specialism
- Evidence of Continuous Professional Development
- Demonstrates commitment to own personal development
- Demonstrates competence in assessing the patients condition and plan and implementing care
- Demonstrates competence in effective documentation of care delivery
- Demonstrate evidence based decision making
- Ability to delegate safely
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to prioritise tasks and take action
- Experience of using a multi - disciplinary approach to patient care
Other Role RequirementsEssential
- Experience of managing a group of staff to deliver patient care
- Involvement in using evidence to implement improvements in practice/ protocol or procedures
- Evidence of designing and delivering education to junior staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Please refer to the person specification for further role requirements
East Cheshire NHS TrustAddress
Victoria Road, Macclesfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.