An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Droitwich/Kidderminster area of Worcestershire for an experienced Podiatrist with experience or interest in musculoskeletal Podiatry to join our friendly team. travel to other clinical sites and work within the community may be required on occasion.
This role will primarily involve working in musculoskeletal clinics, working alongside our small team of experienced Musculoskeletal Podiatrists. As such, this role is ideal for a Podiatrist with experience and or special interest in working as a Musculoskeletal Podiatrist.
This role will also involve working as part our wider community Podiatry team working predominantly with the at risk foot. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to take part in a variety of clinical roles including nail surgery on a rota basis.
Our team regularly support student placements from local universities and currently have a Podiatry Apprentice carrying out their training within the team. The candidate will therefore also be involved in supporting these students.
The ideal candidate will be a true team player, committed to providing high quality patient care with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. The candidate should be enthusiastic and highly motivated and having a strong work ethic is most desirable.
Dependant on applicants a more flexible/part time role may be considered, this is open to discussion during interview.Main duties of the job
The role will involve provision of expert specialist assessment, treatment and advice for patients, as well as provision of off the shelf orthotics and prescriptions of bespoke orthotics.
As such, candidates must be confident in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the lower limb, with a sound knowledge of anatomy and disease processes relating to the foot and lower limb of all types of patient groups. The ability to network, liaise and build relationships with other health care professionals would be highly advantageous.
The role will require:
- Triage of referrals appropriately
- Provide education to patients
- Mentor students and apprentices as required
- Provide offloading and orthotic devices
- Perform nail surgery
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The successful applicant will assess diagnose and treat high risk patients both in clinic and domiciliary settings.
- Put patient care at the heart of the work you do to improve health care outcomes and service delivery
- Deliver the highest standards and quality outcomes possible.
- Be the best you can be, always look for ways to improve and develop to reach your potential
- Encourage others to develop themselves and the service through improvement, innovation and continuous development
- Enjoy joint working with others, e.g. patients, colleagues in the delivery of high quality healthcare
- Build positive working relationships, respecting and valuing others, being helpful and inclusive
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Evidence of relevant Post Graduate experience and training within specialist areas in Podiatry such as management of the high risk foot, the Diabetic Foot at risk and Biomechanical/ Musculoskeletal Assessment Diagnosis and Management
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Sound knowledge of :
- Management of serious pathology including:
- Specialist biomechanical / musculoskeletal assessment, diagnosis and management, diabetic foot, peripheral vascular disease, renal and rheumatological conditions.
- Knowledge of MSK and competence with nail surgery
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English in both verbal and written formats
- A range of evidence based clinical skills
- Ability to prescribe and cast orthotics / insoles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Problem solving skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Reflective practitioner
- A degree or equivalent qualification in Podiatric Medicine
- Registration with the Health Professions Council
- A certificate in administration of local anaesthetics
- Evidence of relevant Post Graduate Education, Validated Courses, Training and continuous professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of the confidential nature of the post
- Flexible approach to duties
- Able to meet the travel requirements of the role
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Droitwich Medical Centre
Ombersley Street East
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.