Our Rotational Senior Pharmacy Technician role is vital in leading the team of technicians and assistants within the dispensary, to ensure a high quality, efficient and safe service is provided to our patients and staff.
You will be proactive in developing and managing the dispensary service, in conjunction with the dispensary manager, other lead technicians and the wider pharmacy operational team.Main duties of the job
Main duties of the job
About usThere's never been a more exciting time to build your career at Frimley Health, one of the country's largest and most respected trusts
- To manage the day to day running of the Dispensary in conjunction with the dispensary manager, including preparing rotas, planning training, actioning and resolving queries and complaints and the allocation/delegation of daily tasks to meet the needs of the department.
- To monitor incoming workload and facilitate the efficient use of resources to ensure a timely service is provided.
- To label, dispense, accuracy check and provide counselling and advice on the use of medications to patients and staff.
- To be actively involved in the direct line management of several staff including performance appraisal, sickness monitoring and dealing with HR issues such as capability and disciplinary matters, producing action plans and ensuring formal follow up where required.
- To be actively involved in the recruitment, selection, induction and training of staff.
- To develop the role of the pharmacy workforce, ensuring adequate training is provided.
- To monitor and maintain storage areas of drugs within the department to ensure correct safe storage of medications including ambient, refrigerated, flammable and controlled drugs.
- To ensure the accurate and timely input of information into the electronic system, including dispensing and inventory, carrying out discrepancy investigations where required.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust (FHFT) has an outstanding reputation and a proud record of achievement. We have an ongoing commitment to improving the health and care services for the 900,000 people we serve across Berkshire, Hampshire, Surrey and south Buckinghamshire.
We continue to invest in our services and facilities, including a �10 million upgrade to the hospital maternity unit as well as �49m major new Emergency Assessment Centre on our Wexham Park site. The opening of a brand new �100m state of the art hospital which replaced the existing hospital facility at Heatherwood and are planning to invest further in diagnostics and inpatient capacity at Frimley Park.
We have also made significant investment in our quality improvement and digital programmes to support our vision and we will ensure that we achieve our aim of providing the highest quality healthcare to our patients. Our new EPR - Epic - went live in June and we are already beginning to reap the benefits of this ambitious investment.
Our threecore values, and the behaviours that support them, guide everything we do and set out what we expect of our staff in the way they treat patients, visitors, service users and each other.
If you have a passion for clinical excellence, patient care and your own career development, you'll feel at home at Frimley Health.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description for further details of the job and the main responsibilities. For further information, please get in touch with the contacts listed below.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification and registered with GPhC
- Accredited Checking Technician
- Knowledge of Epic/ EPMA system
- Medicines Reconciliation accreditation
- Qualification in management
- Practise supervisor qualification
- Post-qualification hospital pharmacy experience
- Experience of managing staff, including recruitment, appraisal and staff development
- Supervisory experience
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Able to plan, organise and prioritise workload.
- Ability to function calmly and efficiently when under pressure.
- Ability to delegate appropriately
- Self-motivated and an ability to motivate others.
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to confidently deal with difficult situations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Good knowledge of the extended roles of technicians and assistants
Frimley Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Wexham Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.