Working under the direction of the Systems and Support Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the day to day line management of the clerical and secretarial function of Radiology Services across the Directorate.
The post holder will be expected to share their time between the Freeman Radiology Department and the RVI Radiology Department to ensure the effective running and efficient organisation of the administration service, to provide an excellent level of service to both the referring clinician and patients.
The post holder will assist the Systems and Support Manager in the management of the Trusts Radiology Information System and all associated work.
Main duties of the job
- Interview date 07/12/2023
- 37 Hours 30 Minutes/Week
- You will be redirected to Trac to apply for the vacancy. Please expand the job details section and read all of the information before applying for the vacancy.
The post holder must have previous experience of managing a team and have experience in recruitment & selection, conducting appraisals and performance management. The post holder will be responsible for the daily management of 70+ staff across both the Freeman and RVI sites and be willing to travel between the two sites on a daily basis.
The post holder is required to have a strong leadership ability and have the ability to motivate their team members, especially during periods of change. They will also be required to have a high level of organisational skills and be confident to work under pressure.About us
Newcastle Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the busiest, largest and most successful teaching NHS foundation trusts in the country, with over 18,000 staff and an annual income of �1 billion.
We have a long history of providing high quality care, clinical excellence, and innovation in medical research regionally, nationally and internationally.
We're also proud to be the second largest provider of specialised services in the country. This means we support people with a range of rare and complex medical, surgical and neurological conditions, cancers and genetic orders.
Our staff oversee around 1.84 million patients 'contacts' each year, delivering high standards of healthcare.
Please see attached information on what Staff Benefits we have to offer at our Trust.
We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and recognise the benefit in providing an inclusive environment. We value and respect the diversity of our employees and aim to recruit a workforce which reflects the communities we serve, and is equipped to deliver the best service to our patients. We welcome all applications irrespective of people's race, disability, gender, sexual orientation, religion or belief, age, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and in particular those from under- represented groups.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Working under the direction of the Systems and Support Manager, the post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day line management of the clerical and secretarial function of Radiology Service across the Directorate.
- To ensure the effective running and efficient organisation of this service within budgets. To optimise patient access to the Trust Radiology service and ensure the accurate and efficient reporting of patient medical examinations providing an excellent level of service to both referring clinician and patient.
- Assisting the Systems and Support Manager in the management of the Trust Radiology Information System and associated work.
As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want to be sure that you can work in a way that is best for us and for our patients, and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement. If it works for the service, we will do our best to make it work for you.
Please note it is a requirement of The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust that all successful candidates who require a DBS for the post they have been offered pay for their DBS certificate.The method of payment is a salary deduction from your first months pay.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree level education in relevant subject or equivalent experience
- ECDL, Microsoft Office Specialist or similar
- English Language GCSE Grade 4 or above, or equivalent experience
- A recognised management qualification at certificate level or a commitment to work towards this
- Must have a high level of IT knowledge and competence with the ability to communicate diverse information in relation to departmental IT systems e.g. the Trust Radiology Information System (RIS) system management experience.
- Must have knowledge of legal requirements relating to patient medical record management such as the Data Protection Act 1998 and retention of health records and be aware of implications in radiology record management.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements relating to the retention of medical records.
- Knowledge of relevant Trust IT e.g. eRecord, PAS, case note tracking systems etc
- Knowledge of the NHS and Trust complaints procedures
- Knowledge of NHS National Policies and Initiatives including Department of Health Waiting Time targets relevant to the Radiology environment.
- Knowledge of Patient Archive and Communication systems (PACs).
- Knowledge of Radiology Information System (RIS)
- Knowledge of Risk Management Strategy
- Knowledge of the business aspects of the Trust
- Must be an excellent communicator, able to converse fluently, logically and confidently with multi-disciplinary personnel both internal and external to the Directorate.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of organisational skill and confident to work under pressure.
- Presentation skills.
- Training skills
- Must possess a significant previous, relative experience ideally in the NHS at management or senior administrator level
- Must have experience in maintaining an active multi user database
- Experience in the application of Operational and Personnel policies in human resource management and an appreciation of the necessity to gain knowledge of Trust HR policy and procedures.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous experience of working in a Radiology environment with knowledge of a Radiology Information System (RIS).
The Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Victoria Infirmary
317 02 Royal Victoria Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.