This post is a Fixed Term/ Secondment until 01.12.2024. If you are a Hywel Dda University Health Board employee and are applying for this post as a secondment, agreement for the secondment is needed from your current manager prior to application.
Hywel Dda Health Board presents an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced Physiotherapist to join our Intermediate Care Services in Pembrokeshire on a 12-month fixed-term basis.Main duties of the job
1. Front Of House Therapies
This role is based in our multi-disciplinary front of house team in Withybush General Hospital. We play a pivotal role in promoting excellent links between Acute, Intermediate, Community, and Third Sector Services, supporting prevention of unnecessary admissions into acute care and aiding the rapid turnaround of appropriate patients in the A& E department and associated areas.
We are a dynamic multi-professional team of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, District Nurses and Therapy Assistant Practitioners, with strong links to a wide array of professionals, inclusive of Nurses, Frailty Support Workers, Doctors, Paramedics, Dietitians, Pharmacists, Intermediate Care Services, Community Services, and Third Sector Agents.
There will be an element of seven-day working to meet the needs of this service.
2. Community Rapid Response Therapies
This role will form part of an Intermediate Care Multidisciplinary Team, all of whom work together to triage patients referred to Intermediate Care Services for rapid, preventative support in the community to avoid hospital admissions and facilitate discharges from hospital using the discharge to assess model.About us
Hywel Dda University Health Board is the planner and provider of NHS healthcare services for people in Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Pembrokeshire and its bordering counties. Our 11,000 members of staff provide primary, community, in-hospital, mental health and learning disabilities services for around 384,000 people across a quarter of the landmass of Wales. We do this in partnership with our three local authorities and public, private and third sector colleagues, including our volunteers, through:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Four main hospitals: Bronglais General in Aberystwyth, Glangwili General in Carmarthen, Prince Philip in Llanelli and Withybush General in Haverfordwest
- Seven community hospitals: Amman Valley and Llandovery in Carmarthenshire Tregaron, Aberaeron and Cardigan in Ceredigion and Tenby and South Pembrokeshire Hospital Health and Social Care Resource Centre in Pembrokeshire
- 48 general practices (four of which are managed practices), 47 dental practices (including three orthodontic), 99 community pharmacies, 44 general ophthalmic practices (43 providing Eye Health Examination Wales and 34 low vision services) and 17 domiciliary only providers and 11 health centres
- Numerous locations providing mental health and learning disabilities services
- Highly specialised and tertiary services commissioned by the Welsh Health Specialised Services Committee, a joint committee representing seven health boards across Wales.
We are an innovative team inclusive of Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists, Nurses, GPs, Social Workers, Dietitians, and Third Sector Agents striving to deliver the right support, at the right time in the right place as close to home as possible.
Our drive as an Intermediate Care Team is to approach patient care in a holistic, person-centred manner, supporting patients, where possible, to stay/return in a safe manner to their own homes where they may continue to be a valued member of their own community, within which they are most familiar and settled.
For the role, the applicant will be expected to assess and support a wide variety of conditions and presentations, with an in-depth understanding of frailty syndrome, neurological conditions, Cardio-Respiratory conditions and MSK problems.
Post holders will be required to participate in the provision of a flexible 7-day service, based on service need. This will be on a rota basis.
You will be able to find a full job description and person specification attached within the supporting documents.
The Health Board is committed to supporting its staff to fully embrace the need for bilingualism thereby enhancing patient and service user experiences. In our commitment to increase the number of staff who are able to communicate in Welsh with patients and professionals, we welcome applications from Welsh speakers.
The ability to communicate in Welsh is desirable for this post. If you do not meet the Welsh Language requirements specified, the Health Board offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal desirable requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Interviews will be held on 12/12/2023.Person SpecificationQualification and KnowledgeEssential
- Professional registration as recognised by HCPC
- Post-graduate evidence of specialist education
- CPD evidence
- IT skills
- Post-graduate qualification up to post grad diploma level in relevant specialty
- Clinical education training course.
- Member of C.S.P.
- Active participation in specialist interest groups
- Post-graduate experience in relevant clinical specialty.
- Completion of junior competency framework
- Practical experience to a level that would enable participation on the respiratory on-call rota
- Therapeutic handling and risk assessments
- Managing a diverse caseload using a clinical reasoning process
- Inter-professional and team working.
- Direct involvement with carers and families
- Evidence of supporting service compliance with clinical governance requirements
- Experience of staff supervision
Language SkillsDesirable OtherEssential
- Evidence of student supervision
- Negotiation of MDT working practices.
- Experience of service development
- Experience of NHS working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of teaching/In Service Training.
- Flexible approach to meet the needs of the service
- Prepared to participate in on call and extended service.
- Ability to travel between sites and in community in a timely manner
Hywel Dda University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.