Weymouth & Portland Community Mental Health Team are looking for a Band 6 Mental Health Practitioner or a newly qualified staff at Band 5 with a view to gaining training, experience and support over a set period and with the opportunity to move into a Band 6 post on successful completion, to join our well established team as an Assessment and Duty worker.
If you are a RMN or newly qualified RMN, OT or Social Worker, with experience working with people suffering severe mental illness whether this be inpatient or community based we would love to hear from you.
You would work alongside 2 other duty workers who work together to triage all referrals that come into the CMHT (with support from team leader and Psychiatrists) and gather more information and arrange assessments. The role also entails taking telephone calls from people on Medic caseloads and CCO's when unavailable. This has been an excellent role to help people gain confidence in CMHT working before moving onto becoming a CCO.
The team is a very supportive team and you will have case management supervision, clinical supervision and opportunities for training.
We would happily tell you more about the post and/or arrange an informal socially distant visit for you to come to our service.Main duties of the job
To provide a high quality person centred approach to care delivery which always considers people's safety, privacy and dignity.
To provide specialist care and interventions, assessments, treatments and managing patients on a caseload, as part of the wider multi-disciplinary care team.
To provide specialist advice to others regarding the management and care of patients / service users.
To devise specialist programmes of care for other professionals to deliver and ensure they are delivered appropriately.
To plan, implement and review health improvement programmes in a range of settings.
Provide supervision, mentorship, training and clinical support to students and trained practitioners.
Employment in this post requires an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, which the Trust will cover the cost of. Applicants who subscribe to the DBS update service are able to present a valid DBS certificate instead of requiring a new check.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
As part of our vision to have a skilled, diverse and caring workforce, Dorset HealthCare is working in partnership with The Princes Trust to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we are offering an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. If you would like or know of anyone who would value this support please do contact email@example.com
If you are interested in moving to Dorset we also offer a generous relocation package of up to �10,000. For further details on relocation expenses please email firstname.lastname@example.orgPerson SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
- Registered practitioner (MH nurse, OT or social worker) to degree/diploma level supplemented by post registration diploma level specialist training and/or short courses or demonstrable extensive experience in the relevant specialty
- Membership of the relevant Professional Body
- Evidence of recent professional development in an up to date portfolio if Band 6
Job Specific ExperienceEssential
- Knowledge and understanding of Trust Strategy relevant to role
- Experience of specialist working
- Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate programmes of care
- Experience of managing change
- Demonstrable knowledge of assessment and therapeutic interventions in area of specialism
Managerial/ Supervisory ExperienceEssential
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role
- Experience at Practitioner Band 5 level
- Experience of providing clinical supervision and mentoring to junior staff only if Band 6
Information Technology/ ResourcesEssential
- Experience of devising and delivering training
- Experience of using electronic patient / service user record systems
- Able to analyse data and produce reports using Microsoft Excel and Word
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Subject to the provisions of the Equality Act, able to travel using own vehicle on Trust business.
- Demonstrable skills in written and spoken English to a standard which enables the post holder to carry out the full range of duties and responsibilities of the role effectively
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Weymouth & Portland CMHT
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.