Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is the largest Trust in the UK and an Academic Health Science Centre (AHSC). Our mission is to provide world class healthcare to all, through excellence in research, education and training.
The Paediatric ED team work closely together, in delivering high quality care to over 27, 000 children and their families each year, working in collaboration with the Adult ED, the Urgent Care Centre, Same Day Emergency Care, PATCH team and inpatient paediatric services.
St. Mary's Hospital operates as major trauma and is the hub for the north-west London trauma network and a vital part of the London-wide trauma system.
We have an active research strategy with the department being recognised as a pilot site for numerous national studies. There have been more than fifty articles and posters accepted for publication or presentation at national and international conferences, produced by nursing and medical staff from the paediatric emergency department.
We are looking for a hardworking and committed individual to join our team as a Band 6 Paediatric senior staff nurse, providing high quality care in our busy and fast paced department. You will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the Paediatric ED including:
- Resuscitation including Major Trauma
- ED Majors
- Clinical Decisions Unit
- Same Day Emergency Care
- Patient flor
You will be supported by a team leader, Modern Matron, Clinical Nurse Educator and Nurse Consultant in Emergency Care.Main duties of the job
- The post holder will work with the ward manager and multi-disciplinary team members in monitoring and maintaining policies, standards of nursing care and staff development, as part of the ward team
- Following the preceptorship period the post holder is expected to carry out all relevant forms of care without direct supervision and is required to demonstrate procedures, supervise unqualified and adaptation staff whilst maintaining a safe working environment
- To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and provide cover for any area specified within the Emergency Department.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Registered Sick Children's Nurse
- Graduate Nurse
- Minimum of 2 years post registration acute paediatric nursing
- Minimum 12 months Paediatric Emergency care experience
- Assessment Skills
- Ability to Prioritise
- Ability to lead a team
- Ability to recognise and report potentially difficult situations
- Basic IT skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- APLS / EPLS course or equivalent
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.