We are looking for an experienced band 6 or current band 7 physiotherapist, with a keen interest in the field of head and neck and cardio-respiratory physiotherapy. You will have a wide range of clinical experience, good communication skills, interpersonal skills and a passion for delivering excellent patient centred care. You will have the opportunity to develop your specialist skills and knowledge in the areas of respiratory physiotherapy including tracheostomy management, post-op physiotherapy on critical care & complex airway surgeries.
As a highly specialist physiotherapist you will help with the day to day team management and have supervisory, teaching and training responsibilities. As part of your role you will initiate and participate in service development, audits and in-service training. You will have excellent support from the Band 8a Clinical Lead Physiotherapist and work closely with the well-established multi-disciplinary team.
We offer a comprehensive in-service training and induction programme, enhanced by simulation based on-call training. Internal and external courses are supported, and opportunities for postgraduate study exist. Our established appraisal system facilitates career development and progression.
It is essential this role can participate in 7 days working and evening on calls.Main duties of the job
To provide high quality physiotherapy management to patients at Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust within respiratory physiotherapy over the pathway for Ear Nose, and Throat and Head and Neck surgery. Lead the day to day respiratory physiotherapy service and to train rotational physiotherapy staff to the required level of out of hour's respiratory competency
To perform advanced physiotherapeutic assessment of patients with diverse presentations and complex physical and psychological conditions, to develop and deliver individualised treatment programmes.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Degree (or equivalent) in Physiotherapy
- State registration with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Evidence of post-graduate specialist respiratory training by attendance at specialist short courses/conferences
- Membership of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
- Relevant Postgraduate clinical qualification
- Membership of ACPRC, ICS, ESICM, BTS
- Significant relevant, recent clinical experience in respiratory/surgical Physiotherapy at Band 6 level
- Experience of multidisciplinary goal planning, development of care pathways and using outcome measures
- Experience of organising and implementing training programmes for physiotherapists, MDT members, assistants and students
- Experience of on-call and weekend working in an acute hospital.
Knowledge, skills and abilitiesEssential
- Previous Band 7 experience in relevant post
- Clinical Experience with Head and Neck Surgery
- Experience of using clinical governance framework to monitor and improve quality of patient care
- Clinical research experience
- Advanced knowledge of assessment and treatment approaches for the effective management of patients post operatively
- Advanced clinical reasoning and problem solving skills
- Ability to keep accurate and legible patient notes
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
- Competent IT skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced computer skills for presentation and data analysis
- Knowledge of recent NHS developments and their impact on service provision
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.