To provide clinical management, advice, support and teaching,education and training to all relevant personnel within integrated local services.
In collaboration with the Education Lead and service Leads responsiblefor devising of and provision of direction, leadership andimplementation of the education, training and development strategy forstaff including district nursing and community matrons, in-patient rehabilitation units, @home service plus other community services.
Closing Date: 26th November 2023
Proposed Interview date - 12th December 2023Main duties of the job
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced highly motivated clinical nurse /educator to work in the Practice Development team to develop high standards of practice and performance and to develop a comprehensive education programme for out of hospital Nursing in the heart of London.
We are re-orientating our nursing services to focus on supporting self care and independence and for those who need nursing care, towards high standards of care and excellent patient experience.
We are embarking on some exciting new educational initiatives to support newly qualified and new people to community nursing and you will take responsibility for the further development, growth and support of new recruits and existing staff including acute nursing staff on rotation from Guys and St Thomas' to meet the exciting new ways of working here in South London Community nursing services.
You will be working across all nursing services across ILS with a team of practice development nurses and additionally supporting the transition of district nursing over to a new model of nursing
Are you up for the challenge? Ready to help transform Community Nursing in this exciting new phase?About us
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust comprises five of the UK's best known hospitals - Guy's, St Thomas', Evelina London Children's Hospital, Royal Brompton and Harefield - as well as community services in Lambeth and Southwark, all with a long history of high quality care, clinical excellence, research and innovation.
We are among the UK's busiest, most successful foundation trusts. We provide specialist care for patients including heart and lung, cancer and renal services as well as a full range of local hospital and community services for people in Lambeth and Southwark.
We have a long tradition of clinical and scientific achievement and - as part of King's Health Partners - we are one of England's eight academic health sciences centres, bringing together world-class clinical services, teaching and research. We have one of the National Institute for Health Research's biomedical research centres, established with King's College London in 2007, as well as dedicated clinical research facilities.
We have around 22,700 staff, making us one of the largest NHS Trusts in the country and one of the biggest employers locally. We aim to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and continue to develop new and existing partnerships with local people, patients, neighbouring NHS organisations, local authorities and charitable bodies and GPs.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Person Specificationeducation / qualificationsEssential
- Organisation and facilitation of teaching in the Clinical area as required and supports and encourages staff development and professional education.
- Teaching and assessing of all disciplines of staff in the clinical area. In conjunction with colleagues, devises and implements training programmes, policies and changes in working practice, for all learners, qualified staff (basic and post basic) and those undertaking in-service training.
- Advise patients and colleagues on issues of health promotion.
- In conjunction with the Education Lead review and develop the annual educational, training and development business plan.
- Act as a representative for ILS in course management meetings and curriculum development forums and liaise with Higher Education Institutions in order to present future needs and requirements of the service..
- Provision of support, advice and counselling for all staff within the service where appropriate.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive orientation packages for new staff and ensure that all staff receives a full orientation package.
- Develop mentorship, preceptorship role and encourage both within the service.
- Participates in the development and introduction of Clinical Supervision within ILS
- NMC Level One Registration adult
- Post reg qualification relevant to service eg Specialist Practitioner, Nurse Practitioner, long term conditions, c/o older people.
- mentorship or equivalent teaching qualification essential.
- Specialist practitioner district nursing Or Equivalent advanced practice
- Extensive post-registration experience, including experience at Band 6 or equivalent that includes some experience of community / primary care nursing
- Knowledge of teaching techniques and can demonstrate an understanding of learner needs.
- Understands and applies principles of Confidentiality & Professional Accountability.
- Effective management, interpersonal, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with all disciplines.
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate a team without direct supervision.
Values and BehaviourEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team Player
- Effective role model of professional standards
- Demonstrates trust values and behaviours
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.