An opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated sonographer to join our friendly, forward thinking ultrasound team here at Stockport on a 12 month fixed term contract.
We pride ourselves on being a supportive and friendly team, providing our patient's with a high standard of care. Many types of ultrasound examinations are carried out by the team including general medical necks and DVT assessment, obstetrics, gynaecology, paediatrics, neonatal hips, neonatal heads, and musculoskeletal. We also scan as part of an Early Pregnancy clinic. We currently have a mixture of Canon and Siemens machines over 2 main departments. All of this within close proximity to the beautiful Peak District.
Typical working day is 08:45 - 17:00 Monday - Friday.
Applicants must hold a recognised CASE accredited ultrasound qualification (PgCert, PgDip) and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom with HCPC/NMC/ equivalent registration. Due to current training commitments we are not able to consider applicants with qualifications which are not CASE-accredited and where further training would be required to conform to FASP guidelines.Main duties of the job
This is a full time 12 month fixed post of 37.5 hours.
We have an excellent track record for lifelong learning dedicated quarterly update/clinical meetings, internal and external courses are actively encouraged, along side attending local MDT meetings when able.
The successful applicant will be required to work as part of a team but also independently. Obs, gynae and gen med is ideally preferred but not essential. Excellent communication skills, outstanding interpersonal skills together with a caring and professional attitude are essential.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trust's policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately. If successful, this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.50. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary. In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.About us
We hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers.
Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you.
We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service.
The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice 3033
We are a team of 18 sonographers with the majority undertaking obstetrics, gynaecology and general medicine examinations from various professional backgrounds which brings a positive attribute to the team.
Our womens unit provides care for our Obstetric and Gynaecology patients.
We have 4 ultrasound rooms within the main department and a shared reporting area where support and opinions can be given and shared. We also have scan rooms in the early pregnancy unit and the ante-natal clinic.
The general medicine examinations are undertaken in the X-Ray department where we have 6 ultrasound rooms in which we both scan and report. This department is where we undertake general medicine, head and neck, MSK and vascular DVT examinations.
We also undertake infant hip and neonatal cranial ultrasound examinations within the paediatric setting.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Please refer to the job description and person specification documents which are attached to this advert for a more details.
- If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.50. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary
In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- DCR or BSc (Hons) Radiography or other equivalent base proffessional qualification
- DMU or PgD/PgC in Medical/Obstetric Ultrasound
- State Registered with HCPC or other relevant professional body
- NT accreditation
- oEvidence of involvement in Audit
- oEvidence of previous study
- oAn interest in MSK
- oIn depth knowledge of pathologies relevant to Ultrasound
- oCurrent trends in Ultrasound
- oErgonomic working to reduce injury
- oEvidence of additional personal development
- oExperience across a wide range of Ultrasound examinations
- oGood organisational skills
- oProven ability to work as a team player
- oFlexible approach in assisting with the delivery of the Radiology service
- o NHS Experience
Skills and abilityEssential
- oExperience of DVT assessment.
- oEvidence of problem solving and decision making skills
- oManaging other team members
- oGood interpersonal skills
- oGood written and oral communication skills
- oTeam member
- oAbility to work under pressure
- oTo be able to manage own workload, prioritise and meet deadlines
- oEmpathetic and compassionate patient communication skills
Work related circumstancesEssential
- oEnthusiasm and desire to develop and undertake new skills and techniques
- oTeaching skills
- oTo be sensitive to the needs of others
- oKeyboard skills
- oCommitment to the department and colleagues
- oOccupational Health Clearance
- oTo work flexibly across the Department
- oAbility to manage change
- oTo participate in 7 day working when introduced.
- oNeat and presentable appearance
- oProfessional manner at all times
Employer detailsEmployer name
- oWillingness to take on additional duties as part of role development
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Stepping Hill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.