Are you a Band 6 Midwife / experienced Band 5 Midwife looking for an exciting change?
We are looking for experienced midwives to join our expanding maternity family. We are fortunate to be able to offer new and exciting opportunities within our team. It's a fantastic time to be a part of this new journey here with us at Birmingham Women's Hospital. Provision of seamless maternal care and wellbeing for all women and birthing people, is at the forefront of our practice. Our midwives strive to provide holistic care for all and pride ourselves on expertise, knowledge and the delivery of evidence based, personalised midwifery care.
As a Band 6 Midwife at Birmingham Women's Hospital you will have the opportunity to be part of a flexible rotation pattern between our Inpatient wards (Antenatal / Postnatal) and Intrapartum Services. In addition, we have core roles available within our Intrapartum teams such as Core Delivery Suite , Enhanced Maternal Care Team, Triage Team or Birth Centre.Main duties of the job
Providing clinical care within the maternity unit as a Band 6 Midwife. Please see job description and personal specification for further detail. Why should you come and join us at Birmingham Women's Hospital?
- Opportunities to gain further development/qualifications and career progression e.g. NIPE Qualification, Management Matters, Leadership and Management, Aromatherapy etc.
- A flexible working approach - for example, we can offer full or part time hours with a supportive flexible working policy.
- Staff improvement huddles - as a midwife with us you will have a key involvement in continuous service improvement initiatives and driving changes within the department.
- Multi-disciplinary team working.
- Professional Midwifery Advocates (PMAs) who provide expert clinical supervision, support and guidance when needed.
- Special interest groups - we have team members supporting specifically with safeguarding, audit, student mentorship, infant feeding, infection control, equality and diversity and more.
- Clinical support 24/7 from our Clinical Midwifery Educator team.
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation Trust is the first of its type in the UK. Our Trust was formed in February 2017 to drive forward our commitment to provide the highest quality, world-class physical and mental health care for our women, children and families. Uniting our hospitals means more seamless care more investment to make greater advances in our specialist treatment and world-leading neo-natal and fetal work. Importantly, it also gives us a greater voice in shaping the future of family-centred care.
Birmingham Children's Hospital is a UK leading specialist paediatric centre with an international reputation in several areas.
Birmingham Women's Hospital is one of two dedicated women's hospitals in the UK, with the busiest single site maternity unit, delivering more than 8,200 babies a year offering a full range of gynaecological, maternity and neonatal care.
Forward Thinking Birmingham (FTB) Mental Health Services are a unique, innovative community and inpatient mental health partnership. Alongside partners FTB offers care pathways of mental health assessment and treatment for young people aged 0-25 years old.
Our Trust is committed to creating the best place to work. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, gender identity, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please refer to the attached job description and person specification to view the full details for this opportunity at Birmingham Womens and Childrens NHS Foundation Trust.
When completing your application, please ensure you have evidenced how you meet the job description and person specification to include transferable experience, qualifications, skills along with professional registration details (if applicable).
Occasionally we receive a large number of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Registered Midwife BSc or equivalent degree
- Evidence of professional progression
- UK NMC Midwife registration
- Evidence of completion of band 5 preceptorship programme
Birmingham Women's and Children's NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.