Working within an older people's mental health unit, as a staff nurse (RMN, RGN, RNLD) you will be responsible for the assessment of patient care needs and development, implementation and evaluation of programmes of care, both for a specific group of patients as the Named Nurse and/or in supporting the care of all patients on the ward as an SN.
You will assist in the management and organisation of work as required ensuring effective communication is maintained at all times, providing support for junior staff on the ward.
You will play a key role in the supervision and assessment of all learners and unregistered staff, providing a teaching role and acting as a named supervisor. Do You:
Then we absolutely want to hear from you.
- Enjoy professional and multi-agency working?
- Enjoy working with adults with organic illness?
- Are you passionate about providing exceptional care?
- Do you want to make a difference?
- Enjoy a challenge?
Our Service is one of a kind, and we are looking for exceptional individuals to join our dynamic, innovative and passionate multi-disciplinary team.
We provide assessment and treatment for patients with organic mental health disorder and distress. As the only specialist provider in the North of Derbyshire we truly are one of a kind and we are proud of what we achieve together.Main duties of the job
- Maintain a high standard of skilled nursing care based on an assessment of nursing needs
- Monitor the quality and effectiveness of nursing care, using appropriate standards and guidelines
- To assess, plan, implement and evaluate the physical, social and psychological condition of the patient and/or carer from admission to discharge
- To practice in accordance with the professional, ethical and legal framework for nursing
Our purpose is to provide community health services to a patient population of over one million people in Derbyshire and Derby, as part of Joined Up Care Derbyshire.
We employ around 4,200 substantive staff, caring for patients in 11 community hospitals and more than 30 health centres, as well as in clinics, GP practices, schools, care homes and, increasingly, in people's own homes and via virtual consultations.
During the pandemic response we have led the implementation of public vaccination centres in collaboration with partners across health and social care.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPLEASE NOTE: To view the Job Description and Person Specification, please click ON APPLY FOR THIS JOB - this link will take you to the TRAC Recruitment Site, you will need to register if you do not already have an account
Person SpecificationExperience and KnowledgeEssential
- To support patients/carers, encouraging them to promote their own health and wellbeing and to express their interests and concerns
- To undertake nursing interventions consistent with evidence-based practice, transferring and applying knowledge and skills to meet patients needs
- To provide support and care for the patient and his/her carers, respecting their need for privacy and dignity
- To monitor the effectiveness of nursing care and adjust the programs of care where indicated
- To utilise highly developed physical skills e.g. in preparing and giving injections and maintaining infusions
- To maintain accurate and legible patient notes (written and electronic) in accordance with Trust and national professional policies and guidelines
- To obtain peoples informed consent for all nursing interventions including assessments.
- To refer people to other practitioners when needs and risks are beyond ones own scope of practice or require longer term support.
- To discuss and agree short, medium or long-term health goals, prioritize care and develop plans with the patient, carer and health care team
- To take immediate and appropriate action in relation to adverse incident reporting utilising the adverse incident reporting policy
- To assess and identify own development needs with support of preceptor in relation to knowledge and skills required to meet the demands of the job
- To take responsibility for own continuing professional development and maintenance of personal development plan
- To undertake annual mandatory training updates and other relevant courses in line with trust and local policies
- To act as a role model and support professional development of all students and junior staff
- To act as a mentor to assigned learners and support them through their competency assessments as required
- Responsible for providing day to day co-ordination of clinically based staff/learners
- To report performance issues to the ward manager
- To diffuse challenging behaviour, ensuring that the situation is managed in a sensitive way
- To assume responsibility and management of the clinical environment in the absence of the ward manager
- To ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained throughout a 24 hour period
- To allocate work, assess performance and provide clear feedback to team members
- Positively contribute to team culture
- RMN/ RNLD / RGN current registration or soon to qualify
- Dementia experience or desire to work with individuals with Dementia
- Clinical knowledge and application of the needs of the clinical care group
- Ability to deal sensitively and effectively with challenging individuals or situations
- Ability to work within a team and understand how teams work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of MCA and MHA and implications in practice
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHSFTAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.