would like to invite applications for this exciting and challenging role in a team delivering compassionate and clinically excellent healthcare.
We are looking for an inspirational nurse leader who...
- Embraces values based care, and who is committed to putting the patient first.
- Is highly motivated with an engaging style and a passion for service improvement.
- Has a track record of leading and managing a service with a commitment to investing time and energy into the Hospital/Service Group and the wider Health Board.
- Has extensive knowledge of complex and acute services including staff management/financial management and change management, as well as sound knowledge of Public involvement.
Please see the attached advert poster for full details.Main duties of the jobThe Role:
- A member of the Morriston Hospital Service Group triumvirate, reporting to the Morriston Service Group Director.
- Contribute to and implement the Health Boards strategic objectives and be the 'go-to' lead for professional nursing on site.
- Leadership is a key factor to the success of this role, modelling and reinforcing the Health Boards values. Providing strong nursing and managerial support.
- You will also work in tandem on the delivery of constitutional standards of clinical safety and quality. The role has professional accountability for the workforce, service delivery, clinical quality and safety and the implementation of the Health Boards Nursing strategy.
- Ensuring that all clinical activity aligned to Morriston Hospital delivers the outcomes and standards that are expected and meets the necessary performance and activity levels.
- You will also support and develop your team, creating an environment where all professionals embrace improvement as an essential element of healthcare. You will demonstrate this through your efficient and positive response when change is needed, re-evaluating decisions in light of new data.
Please see the attached advert poster for full details.About us
We believe staff are our best asset and wewant you to be happy and confident about starting your career here in Swansea Bay University Health Board.
As one of the biggest healthcare groups in the UK we can offer a wealth of professional training and development opportunities in an innovative, forward-thinking organisation.
You might be a nurse ordoctor, maybe you specialise in a health science/therapy or can offer skills in one of our support services - wehave a job for you.
There are also apprenticeships, work placementsand volunteering roles available.
We are an inclusive employer and welcome applications from everyone whatever their sex religion or belief race age sexual orientation gender identity or, whether they are pregnant or have recently been on maternity leave, married or are in a civil partnership or, whether they are disabled.
Our values - Caring For Each Other, Working Together and Always Improving, show thatour commitment to equality is at the heart of everything we do.
If you want excellent career and training opportunities while living on the doorstep of some of Europe's most spectacular scenery,with all the benefits of a thriving and cosmopolitan city - look no further.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in Trac.Person SpecificationQualifications & KnowledgeEssential
- Registered Nurse (Active NMC Registration).
- First level degree.
- Masters level qualification or equivalent relevant experience or evidence of post registration masters level study
- Extensive knowledge over a range of disciplines e.g. Clinical Research, HR, Finance and Governance underpinned by specialist courses or equivalent experience. This level of knowledge would have been obtained over a significant period of senior management posts held within an NHS organisation.
- Significant knowledge, of acute service provisions and understanding and clinical acumen around the nursing agenda.
- In depth understanding of the NHS agenda.
- An understanding of the complexity of service delivery in a large organisation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the professional educational system and processes.
- Knowledge of performance management systems.
- Understanding of strategic planning.
- Knowledge of Safeguarding Adults/Children including the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act and Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of achieving the professional regulatory requirements as set by the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- Management qualification or relevant professional/managerial development courses.
- Extensive experience of working with clinicians and multi professional teams in achieving service improvement.
- Track record of working at a senior level within a large, complex organisation.
- Experience of performance management and monitoring skills.
- Experience of managing complex budgets.
- Demonstrable experience of leading innovation in practice.
- Experience of working with patients and the public to inform and develop health services.
- Public speaking and engagement.
- Team Working: ability to develop effective working relationships on an individual and multi-disciplinary basis with all levels of staff take time to listen, understand and involve people receptive to appropriate change.
- Effective communication skills: ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients, clinical staff and other agencies. Communicate openly and honestly and explain things clearly.
- Empathy and sensitivity: ability to listen, understand and involve people see people as individuals and do the right thing for every person.
- Leadership: ability to take responsibility and demonstrate leadership when appropriate. An understanding of and ability to demonstrate your ability to: oempower others olead through change oinfluence strategically odemonstrate patience and empathy ovalue everybody's contribution odemonstrate innovation and highly complex problem solving abilities
- Coping with pressure: highly resilient with the ability to work effectively under pressure and cope with setbacks ability to maintain composure and set high standards of behaviour when under pressure.
- Service Improvement: ability and drive to use information and experience to improve the service ability to adapt and respond to changing circumstances to improve patient care. Positive attitude, seek out learning, and continually develop our skills and services.
- Organisation and Planning: ability to cope with effectively managing and organising a wide range of complex services throughout the service group ensuring clear and unequivocal focus on quality and safety.
- Problem Solving: evidence of an enquiring and critical approach to solving work problems. Ability to analyse highly complex facts and use judgement in situations where there is no precedent and creative and original thinking is required.
- Information Technology: IT skills & experience in the use of software.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- European Computer Driving License.
- Ability to speak Welsh.
Swansea Bay University Health BoardAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.