EPUT is looking to appoint a compassionate Specialty Doctor who will provide consistent, high quality Medical input support to the Old Adult Community Mental Health Team based at Sydervelt Centre, Canvey Island. The team delivers Mental Health care of the working age Older Adult population of Thurrock in Essex.Main duties of the job
The post-holder will also be expected to work independently and accountably providing clinical leadership to the team, through good multi-professional working and liaising with a range of professional groups including nurses, occupational therapists, psychologists and doctors in delivering services providing a 7 day a week, 24 hours a day service for 365 days a year.
You should be eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment and hold Section 12 (2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983. You will also need to provide evidence of achievement of ST1/CT1 competences in psychiatry at time of application and likelihood of achieving CT2 competences in psychiatry by the start date of the post.About us
EPUT are looking for motivated staff who shares our Trust values of Care, Learn and Empower. In return, EPUT can offer you a range of benefits and development including
- Season Ticket Loans
- NHS discounts for staff
- Excellent Training facilities and opportunities
- Buying and Selling annual leave scheme
- The opportunity to work bank shifts and expand knowledge and experience in other areas
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars and Cycle to Work
- Day One Flexible Employer
The Trust supports and actively encourages flexible working for all employees. We offer many options and you are encouraged to ask the recruiting manager what is possible for this role. If appointed, you will have the opportunity to apply for a flexible working request from the first day of your employment
Join our Staff bank
What is Staff Bank?
Our EPUT NHS staff bank is an entity managed by the trust that hires clinical and non-clinical healthcare professionals to take on shifts at our trust hospitals and community settings. Here at EPUT we maintain our own bank of specialist staff to ensure that we are able offer safe and effective care at all times.
All our permanent staff are automatically enrolled onto the staff bank however this does not mean you have to work any additional shifts, but the option is there for you if you wish.
If you are joining our Trust in a fixed term role, please indicate on your New Starter Paperwork that you wish to join our staff bankJob descriptionJob responsibilities Observe the Trusts agreed policies and procedures. Provide, with consultant colleagues, a service in the specialty for the Trust with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness, and the proper functioning of the department. Honour out-of-hours responsibilities, including rota commitments where contracted. Provide agreed cover for colleagues periods of leave. Participate in audit and continuing medical education. Contribute to the training of junior medical staff and medical students. Be involved in research and teaching where appropriate. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
Skills and experiencesEssential
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment
- Section 12 (2) approval under the Mental Health Act 1983
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies or equivalent by time of appointment in line with GMC standards in Good Medical Practice
- Evidence of achievement of CT1 1-3 or equivalent competencies in psychiatry at time of application
- Experience of working in Old Age.
- Relevant specialty clinical knowledge: capacity to apply sound clinical knowledge relevant to the job and specialty
- Clinical judgement: experience in making clinical decisions and managing risk. Knows when to seek help, able to prioritise clinical need.
- Practical skills: shows aptitude for practical skills, required in the job.
- Proven ability to work effectively in different clinical settings required in the job.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and experience of conducting cognitive assessments is desirable.
Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.