Working in an emerging Patient Experience function , this is an exciting opportunity to support improvements in how patients experience care and treatment. You will work with front-line teams to develop systems for understanding and learning from patient experience at all levels of the organisation. A key task will be to gather patient, carer and relative reported intelligence from across the organisation from multiple sources and create an analysis dashboard to allow understanding and learning at all levels of the organisation. You will be responsible for managing, maintaining and developing this dashboard.Main duties of the job
Duties include: Supporting development and implementation of the patient experience plan. To provide data analysis reporting, covering a range of patient experience activity. This includes the monitoring of the Trust's patient experience performance within the local and national health system, undertaking ad-hoc, routine information requests and mandatory returns. Extracting and processing patient experience data from a range of sources to produce regular and routine insightful analysis. Lead development of and manage the Trust patient experience dashboard. To support implementation of systems and processes to capture patient experience feedback through a variety of methods.About us
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS Trust (SWBT) is an integrated careorganisation with a budget of approximately �600 million and over 7,000 staff. Diversity and social care is at the core of what we do as the Trust provides Community and Acute Services to over half a million people in an urban centre that demands massive regeneration and has substantial premature mortality.
Our new acute hospital, the Midland Metropolitan University Hospital (MMUH), opens in 2024 and will provide care to our local population from first class, purpose-built premises.As a result, the base of this role may change to MMUH from 2024 (or beyond). If this is applicable to your role, you will be informed during the recruitment process and continuing your application with this understanding.The development of the new hospital will play an important role in the regeneration of the wider area and in improving the lives of local people and reducing health inequalities.
We have three newly emerging strategic objectives: Our People - to cultivate and sustain happy, productive and engaged staff Our Patients - to be good or outstanding in everything we do Our Population - to work seamlessly with our partners to improve live Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Working with colleagues across the whole organisation, you will use your expertise to support development of appropriate methodologies in gather patient experience data, both qualitative and quantitative. Through your work , you will support patients, relatives and carers voices playing an integral role in the way the Trust plans, develops and provides services and in how our people learn from and improve patient experience. You will be an engaging and enthusiastic individual willing to work as part of an emerging service, playing an intrinsic role in its development and sustainability. You will have initiative and drive to develop methods and ways of analysing and interpreting intelligence gained from patients, their relatives and carers. You will have a sound knowledge and understanding of data analysis and how this applies to the patient experience agenda as well as ability to identify opportunities for innovative practice. Excellent communication skills are vital, alongside ability to challenge and embed best practice across the Trust. If you are energised and motivated to work within this developing function in driving patient involvement and insight forward, then we would like to hear from you.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade 'C' or above
- English GCSE (or equivalent) grade 'C' or above
- Numerate 'A' levels or diploma level qualification in statistics incorporating analytical programming
- Analysing information and producing reports, of both qualitive and quantitative data
- Developing administrative processes.
- ECDL or equivalent level skills
- Basic Microsoft Access and Excel Skills
- Experience of assimilating and interpreting information
- Coordinating patient and public involvement activities and/ or Patient Experience/PPI agendas.
- Working with patients and/ or service user groups.
- Evidence of strong analytical skills
- Specialist knowledge of patient experience compliance requirements
- Sound knowledge and understanding of qualitative and quantitative analysis methods and data presentation
- Knowledge of relevant applications, e.g., Power BI
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Specialist knowledge of patient and public involvement
- Understanding of the issues around equality, diversity and inclusion
- Sound specialist knowledge of the patient experience agenda
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Highly numerate
- Capable of working in a structured manner
- Capable of working to deadlines
- Empathetic, caring attitude towards patients and their careers, relatives and representatives
- Highly accurate
Sandwell and West Birmingham NHS TrustAddress
Sandwell General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.