Band 6 Rotational Occupational Therapist
At Chelsea and Westminster hospital we offer an unique opportunity to rotate through a range of both outpatient and inpatient clinical areas. The rotations are 8 months long and clinical specialties available as rotations are Critical care and rehabilitation, Medical Rehabilitation and Frailty, Emergency and acute assessment , Trauma and orthopaedics, Neurology , Hand therapy and Burns and plastics.Main duties of the job
An exciting opportunity has come up for for an Occupational Therapist to join our band 6 rotation within the Therapy Service at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation trust. The post will rotate through a wide variety of specialties and clinical settings and allow for supported learning, development of skills and professional development in both in and outpatient environments.About usAbout the Trust
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provide services from two main hospitals, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital and West Middlesex University Hospital, and a number of clinics across London and the South-East. We have nearly 7,000 members of staff that are PROUD to Care
for nearly one million people. Both hospitals provide full clinical services, including full maternity, emergency and children's, in addition to a range of community-based services across London, such as award-winning sexual health and HIV clinics.
We're one of the best performing Trusts in the country. We're also one of the top trusts to work for - our staff says they're engaged, motivated, and would recommend us as a place to work and receive treatment. Our Trust has been rated by the Care Quality Commission as 'Good' in all five of the main domains of safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led, giving an us overall rating of 'Good'. We've also been awarded an 'Outstanding' rating for 'use of resources' by an NHS Improvement inspection.
Our facilities are some of the best in the country. We have been investing significant Capital year on year in our estate. We have recently completed a �30m expansion of our adult and neonatal critical care facilities at Chelsea and Westminster and are planning an ambitious �60m development of an Ambulatory Diagnostics Centre at West Middlesex.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As an integral member of the Acute Therapy Service you will be supported in developing your clinical skills, integration with the wider MDT and community services. As an education focused team, you will have access to an in-service training programme, clinical and peer supervision, as well as, wider learning and development opportunities.We encourage our staff to actively participate in both service improvement and leadership development.
We have strong links with our local universities, enabling us to make valuable contributions to fieldwork education. You will be given the opportunity to supervise both students, junior and Therapy assistants. We have a structured model for supervision and appraisal that will support you in developing your management skills.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- BSCs or Diploma in OT
- HCPC Regestration
- Evidence of ongoing CPD
- Postgraduate experience in acute and rehabilitation Physical Settings.
- Recent experience within the NHS.
- Documented evidence of continued professional development.
Skills and KnowledgeEssential
- Supervision of junior and support staff.
- Experience of working in the community
- Experience with supervising students.
- Broad knowledge of current best practice in OT.
- Application of OT process to patients needing acute rehabilitation.
- Understanding of clinical governance.
- Understanding of professional ethics and their application in practice.
- Ability to manage own time and determine priorities.
- Application of health and safety and risk management policies.
- Knowledge of standardised and specialist assessments, treatment techniques and outcome measures.
- Training and presentation skills
- Ability to work as an effective team member both with the OT team and the multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate a client-centred, non-discriminatory approach.
- Ability to reflect critically and appraise own performance.
- Ability to comply with Moving and Handling Regulations.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to positively influence others
Chelsea and Westminster Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Chelsea and Westminster
369 Fulham Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.