As a Senior Business Intelligence Analyst, you will be part of a team which provides a high quality business intelligence service to managerial, clinical and operational staff for strategic, operational and research purposes. This includes statutory and corporate reporting, business planning and modelling, income support, data quality and an ad-hoc request service.
The postholder will be required to provide comprehensive analytical support to numerous clinical directorates within the Medicine and Integrated Care (MIC) division and will work collaboratively with collegaues, within the MIC Business Partner Team and the division, to support the delivery of Trust and Divisional performance objectives.
The postholder will report to the Deputy Business Intelligence Business Partner (Medicine & Integrated Care Division) and will be expected to work with a high degree of professional confidence and autonomy.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will have strong technical skills (Excel and SQL are essential, QlikView or QlikSense desirable) and extensive NHS knowledge and experience. They will be responsible for the development and production of a range of critical regular and ad-hoc reports for both external and internal stakeholders.
They will need to possess strong interpersonal skills as they will be expected to build working relationships with a wide range of operational, financial, and clinical managers and executives.About us
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community.
Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location.
As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We welcome discussions about flexible working and encourage a range of flexible working opportunities wherever we can.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducation/ QualificationsEssential
- Masters degree (or relevant occupational experience).
- Postgraduate qualification in relevant area or equivalent experience.
- Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Qualification in Project Management
- Association of Professional Healthcare Analysts professional registration
- Significant experience in Health Informatics ideally in a Business Analyst role
- Good understanding of NHS performance monitoring systems
- Knowledge of NHS contracting & payment by results
- Advanced knowledge and competent use of Patient Administration System and other HealthCare I.T. systems.
- Experience of managing projects including use of project plans, identifying risks, etc
- Experience of supervising staff.
- Experience of Cerner Millennium
- Experience of QlikView
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills - written and verbal - able to identify key points from complex issues and explain them appropriately and with clarity
- Structured, diagnostic approach to finding solutions to complex data issues.
- Ability to operate consistently at high level summary as well as detail levels
- Ability to listen and interpret users needs and to inspire confidence
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team building skills
- Advanced modelling skills (e.g. demand and capacity)
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.