We have an exciting opportunity to recruit an exceptional leader to join the Medicine Team as the Divisional General Manager.
You will need to have experience of operational management, people leadership skills, be able to deliver, implement and manage a wide range of processes within the service that uphold our Trust wide policies.You will work closely with the Divisional Director in supporting the Division in ensuring the provision of high-quality patient services that are clinically sound, delivered cost effectively and meet the Trust's priorities and performance targets.Be responsible for achieving national UEC targets and standards, provide strong local leadership to the Division to balance strategic plans with operational needs and robust delivery.
We are a dedicated team and work closely with the wider Divisions within our Trust all committed to providing the best care for all our patients.Main duties of the job
Key roles and Responsibilities of the General Manager for the Division will:
- Take day to day responsibility and accountability for the operational running of the division.
- Lead the Division to ensure national and local targets are achieved and that they meet the needs of the local community and the wider NHS and fulfil commissioner agreements.
- Develop and implement plans to deliver the relevant Trust objectives as required
- Monitor and manage performance metrics to ensure that patient-centred services are of a consistently high standard.
- Provide robust financial management within the division.
- Provide leadership and management to both direct and indirect reports
- Establish strong links with the wider health and social care community by securing their involvement in the effective delivery of services.
- Have a strong knowledge of service improvement methodologies and keep these at the forefront of service developments.
There has never been a more exciting time to join West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust!
The experience of patients and the working lives of staff at West Herts Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust staff are set for a major boost as the Trust gears up to deliver a new hospital in Watford and significant improvements to its other hospitals in St Albans and Hemel Hempstead.
The new Watford General Hospital will embrace the latest digital technology, incorporating innovative models of care and an expansion of its virtual hospital, including anticipatory care and working across organisational boundaries to provide joined up health services for the communities it serves.
Career development and education are a hallmark of the trust, which gained teaching status in 2021.
We encourage and welcome people with disabilities. If you need help, please ask. We reserve the right to close this advert early due to the volume of applicants. Please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Sustain effective working relationships with the executive directors, divisional director, clinical directors, lead clinicians, matrons, consultant medical staff and other senior management post holders ensuring the operational requirements of the division are effectively managed and coordinated, including staff deployment and bed management. This will include collegiate working to optimise patient flow and pathways across the divisions.
Further details and responsibilities of the role are described in more detail in the job description.Person SpecificationYour application will be measured against the Person Specificaton for the role.Essential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- 0=Does not meet Person Spec / 1=Meets some aspects of Person Spec - reserve candidate / 2=Meets Person Spec - to be interviewed
West Hertfordshire Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Watford General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.