**1 x Fixed Term contract/secondment opportunity for up to 18 months** *Internal applicants who wish to be considered for a secondment opportunity should discuss with their line manager the suitability of a possible secondment*
Community Nursing within the Integrated Community Teams across Gloucestershire is central to the emerging ICB One Gloucestershire Joint Forward Plan and the teams are continually identifying ways of enhancing the provision of nursing care and therefore outcomes for patients in the community.
This is an exciting opportunity for a clinically experienced community nurse to lead and evaluate a service development in partnership with multi-disciplinary colleagues in the locality. The aim of the role is to provide an early comprehensive holistic nursing assessment and short term, intensive, goal centred episode of clinical care using a health coaching ethos for a group of patients referred with a new nursing need or leaving hospital still recovering from a change to their health and well-being.
It is envisaged the work will be relatively fast paced, with the core skills of dynamic assessment and clinical reasoning, constant reprioritisation of workload and collaborative decision-making in community settings being essential. Applicants should evidence they have an understanding of and have delivered care with a health coaching approach supporting patients to self-manage where able.Main duties of the job
The successful post holder will work closely with the ICT referral centre, nursing triage leads and Home First-Reablement team and develop links across all system partners to improve communication and joint responses for patients for their immediate and onward care and support needs. The ICT business & Project Lead in the locality will work alongside the post holder and support the evaluation and presentation of findings at agreed time points during the 18 months.About us
At Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust, we are supportive of the people we care for in the community and aim to provide a fully responsive service to everyone who needs it. This is the same approach we take for our employees. We look to value the skills and experiences of those we work with, whether they are service users, carers, families or those looking to work with us.
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation Trust is part of the NHS. We treat NHS patients according to NHS principles and standards. The difference is the Trust is accountable to local people, rather than to Government, and so we are able to work closely with our community to develop services in the way that best suits the needs of local people.
Our Staff Survey results showed people at our Trust feel they are engaged, part of a team and work for a compassionate and inclusive organisation.
Our overall scores were better than average in eight of nine themes and level in one - the best overall results for a community, mental health and learning disabilities Trust in the south west and first equal amongst all sector NHS providers within the region too.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Gloucestershire Health and Care is committed to embedding and providing personalised care through all of its services as part of our high-quality care strategy. The purpose of personalised care is to empower people to lead the lives they want to live. Personalised care starts with a conversation with people about what matters to them. It builds on what people can do, as well as addressing their health needs. Including new ways of working and delivering care, emphasising that we need to make effective use of the full range of our peoples skills and experience to deliver the best possible patient care. So we want to know What Matters to You and that you will share our values and join us on this very important journey. The qualification, training & experience requirements for the role are underlined in the Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to the Additional Information attachment before submitting your application. Person SpecificationQUALIFICATIONSEssential
LENGTH AND / OR NATURE OF EXPERIENCEEssential
- Registered Nurse (Adult / RGN)
- Current NMC registration
- Holds degree in health related subject or be working towards this, with over 50% of level 3 or 6 credit already obtained
- Individual modules at degree or masters level, eg. PACR
- Holds recognised teaching/ mentoring qualification
PROFESSIONAL / MANAGERIAL / SPECIALIST KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of working without direct supervision
- Consolidated experience of community nursing practice
- Experience of managing long term conditions and case management of complex patients
- Experience of delivering extended role clinical interventions
- Evidence of post-registration education & training.
- Ability to work on own initiative, assess patients competently and link with colleagues in the wider MDT to tailor plans of care
- Ability to effectively manage the workload, prioritise and delegate to manage capacity and demand
- Effective written , oral communication skills
- Knowledge of safeguarding procedures
- Ability to effectively manage a workload, prioritise and delegate to manage capacity and demand
Employer detailsEmployer name
- An understanding of national policy in relation to community nursing
- Up to date clinical knowledge including risk assessment
- Knowledge of health coaching techniques to engage patient participation and outcome
Gloucestershire Health and Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.