An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Therapist to work within patients with a confirmed diagnosis of ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or Long Covid.
This is an Outpatient Therapy Team based at Broadgreen Hospital.
This will be a static post.Main duties of the job
The service supports patients who are referred following a confirmed ME/CFS diagnosis for therapy and from the Cheshire and Merseyside Community Long COVID Services who remain unwell with fatigue and related symptoms.
The service offers a tailored Self-Management programme to assist patients with specialist advice. Therapists deliver group workshops and individual therapy sessions by virtual or face to face methods. Therapy is inline with the guidance of the ME/CFS NICE Guidelines and the Post COVID NICE guidelines.
The team delivering the care includes Consultant Physicians, Service Manager, Specialist Occupational Therapists, Health Psychologist, Occupational Therapy Assistant, and our administration team.
Ideally you will have experience of working with people with long term health conditions. This could be both the Physical and Mental Health arenas.About us
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust was created on 1 October 2019 following the merger of two adult acute Trusts, Aintree University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and the Royal Liverpool and Broadgreen University Hospitals NHS Trust.
The merger provides an opportunity to reconfigure services in a way that provides the best healthcare services to the city and improves the quality of care and health outcomes that patients experience.
The Trust runs Aintree University Hospital, Broadgreen Hospital, Liverpool University Dental Hospital and the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.
It serves a core population of around 630,000 people across Merseyside as well as providing a range of highly specialist services to a catchment area of more than two million people in the North West region and beyond.
To hear more about our achievements click herehttps://www.liverpoolft.nhs.uk/media/13089/1606-annual-report-booklet_final.pdf Follow us on Social Media: Facebook - Liverpool University Hospitals Careers Instagram - @LUHFTcareers Twitter - @LUHFTcareersJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Delivery of a tailored therapy programme supporting the management of ME/CFS and fatigue following a post viral illness.
Therapists will be providing specific therapy advice encouraging patients to use strategies and tools to help positively manage their present condition.
Therapists will manage their own caseload with the support of Senior Therapists on site.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Graduate qualification
- HCPC registration
- Evidence of CPD
- Demonstrable Post-registration experience in a junior rotational post providing broad experience in occupational therapy and in chronic disease management or mental health
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Evidence of a contribution to clinical education of less experienced staff, students or assistants.
- Experience in care of patients with CFS
- Evidence of participation in research / audit
- Broad knowledge of current best practice in Occupational Therapy.
- Broad knowledge of CFS
- Understand the legal responsibilities of the profession
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage own workload, determine priorities and delegate tasks.
- Ability to comprehend and work within the Trust's policies on health and safety, risk manage and data protection.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance.
- Ability to keep accurate legible patient notes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Neurology skills
- Presentation skills
- Competent IT skills
- Orthotic skills
- Wheelchair assessment skills
Liverpool University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust Address
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.