Deputy Sister - Lead for Surgical Admissions Lounge Band 6
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Theatres Department is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Deputy Sister to manage the Surgical Admissions Team
Are you committed to make the first stage of the patients surgical journey great? We are looking for you. You will be responsible for managing this small committed and enthusiastic team in delivering patient preop care. . Knowledge and experience of surgery is desirable.Main duties of the job
- Be required to work as part of a motivated team as well as being able to work on your own initiative.
- Work shifts to cover the service need (5 days a week).
- Previous experience in Surgical Nursing
- Good communication skills
- Enjoy working in a swiftly changing and challenging environment.
We are a Trust that celebrates diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We would welcome applications from people in groups which are under-represented in our organisation.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To provide specialist nursing expertise, facilitating evidence-based, patient-centred care and assessment for a defined caseload day of surgery admissions patients.
To co-ordinate patients on day of surgery admission, with a high level of input into the care of patients prior to admission for specified procedures.
To be responsible for the day to day running of the surgical admissions lounge, in collaboration with clinical leader
To be involved in delivery of relevant programmes of education and development for all levels of staff and to act as a resource for patients and health care personnel.
Please see attached job description for all duties and responsibilities.Person SpecificationEducation, Qualifications & TrainingEssential
- Registered Nurse/ODP
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Teaching course/qualification
- Significant post registration experience at Band 5 in Surgery including nurse led discharge. An understanding of theatre utilisation and best practise tariff targets.
- Experience of change and understanding of the Theatres Service to support development and theatre efficiency project.
Skills, Abilities & KnowledgeEssential
- Understanding of professional nursing issues
- Evidence of ability to practice as a proficient surgical practitioner
- Evidence of ability to maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, patients and visitors
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of an ability to manage time effectively
- Understanding of clinical governance and ability to assist in establishing systems
- Evidence of leadership skills
- Evidence of an area of special interest
- Knowledge of clinical audit
- Evidence of critical appraisal skills
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Dorset County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.