An excellent opportunity has arisen within the Informatics Department at Wirral University Teaching Hospital as we seek to appoint a highly motivated Senior Project Manager to join out team. We're looking for someone with several years of experience of successful implementations through the project lifecycle, from business case development to change management and handover into business as usual.Main duties of the job
The successful applicant will engage with stakeholders across the Trust and with external partner agencies. You will work as a key member of the Project Management Team, liaising closely with other members of the Informatics department and the wider Trust.
With significant Project Management experience and the ability to lead and influence staff members, you will have excellent communication skills and demonstrate a record of successful implementation to time and budget.
You will have a good understanding of the issues which challenge large organisations when implementing complex ICT solutions. You will be able to deal with competing priorities and at the same time you will be able to guide stakeholders through formal project management governance.
This is an exciting and challenging role and you will make a vital contribution to the Trust's continued delivery of its ICT strategy, and to make a positive contribution to the shaping of an ambitious Informatics team.About us
All new colleagues can expect to receive a warm and friendly Wirral welcome from the very first time they make contact with us. We are described as competent and caring staff by our patients.
Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is situated on The Wirral peninsula which has a stunning coastline and beautiful countryside surroundings, with great activities for its residents.
We are one of the largest and busiest acute Trusts in the North West of England, comprising of the Wirral's only Emergency Department. We provide a high quality range of acute care services and employ over 6,000 staff, who serve a population of approximately 400,000 people across Wirral, Ellesmere Port, Neston, North Wales and the wider North West footprint.
We have approximately 855 beds trust-wide and our financial turnover is in excess of �337m.
The Wirral is easily accessible with excellent transport links including motorway, train, bus or ferry and within easy reach to the major cities of Liverpool, Chester and Manchester as well as neighbouring North Wales.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see Job overview & attached Job description for further information about the Senior Project Manager position available with WUTH.Person SpecificationQualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingEssential
- Relevant Degree Level Qualification in a Clinical, computer sciences field or Business and Administration or equivalent experience
- Effectively utilise a range of IT office systems including MS Project, Powerpoint , Word , spreadsheets and web browser technologies
Knowledge and SkillsDesirable
- European Computer Driving Licence (ECDL)
Qualifications, Specific Experience & TrainingDesirable
- Implementing IT systems in the NHS
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Recognisable management qualification eg Diploma
- Prince 2 Practitioner or MSP certification
- 5 years experience of IT preferably in the WUTH or wider NHS environment engaging clinical staff and other key stakeholders in collaborative projects
- Two years experience of staff / team supervision management
- Delivery of projects to successful completion delivering complex projects across organisational and professional boundaries
- Knowledge of security and confidentiality legislation and guidance
- Knowledge and experience of change management
- Experience of preparing business case and other standard documents for submission to various stakeholders including benefit and risk assessments
- Experience of staff / team supervision management
- Knowledge of the latest national IM& T agenda and the opportunities for improvement in patient care presented by it
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate to all levels of staff
- Ability to communicate and negotiate with system and service suppliers
- Ability to chair meetings effectively
- Ability to work under pressure to agreed timescales and in a busy environment
- Ability to organise own workload effectively and efficiently
- Very effective written and verbal communication skills
- Tactful and diplomatic re cross organisational discussion
- Enthusiasm to help develop the skills within the project management team with advice, support and examples
- Ability to develop effective working relationships
- Positive, flexible, good team member
Wirral University Teaching Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Birch House, Clatterbridge
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.