An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Pharmacy Technician to join our Medicines Service team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated Pharmacy Technician, with good communication and teamwork skills. Within CHCP, the Medicines Service supports and assists all our community-based services to ensure medicines are handled safely and in line with legislation and provides advice to services with medication queries and deliver medicines training.Main duties of the job
Day to day tasks will include.
o Undertaking medicines management audits across the organisation to ensure services are handling medicines safely and in line with legislation.
o Supporting services with cold chain queries and medication queries
o Supporting clinical pharmacists with the review and implementation of Patient Group Directions for the organisation
A sound clinical knowledge is essential for the role as well as robust IT skills. You will have a broad technical and pharmaceutical knowledge relating to the promotion of high quality, effective and safe use of medicines.
Applicants are welcome to apply from all backgrounds of pharmacy.You will receive professional support from our established Medicines Service team based in Hull. Whilst you will also be based in Hull you must have an independent means of transport to travel around the geographic area our services operate across and to work flexibly to meets the needs of the organisation
For further details regarding this role please contact: -o Debbie Davies, Senior Medicines Management Technician, Tel 07964 686811 or firstname.lastname@example.org Emma Baggaley, Assistant Director, medicines management, Tel 07816 645474 or email@example.comAbout us
At CHCP, we're passionate aboutpeople
and we know that you are too, that's why we're here isn't it? We recognise that high quality care is delivered by high quality professionals who are appreciated, respected and supported, which is why we want to give all our colleagues the chance to shine.
Work with us and you'll be more than just a number. Our people are our shareholders and their thoughts and opinions are always heard at CHCP you have a real voice.
Compassion is at the heart of our business we're a team of nearly 2,500 colleagues who work together to deliverfirst-class healthcare
to thousands of people living in Hull, the East Riding, Knowsley and St Helens. Local diversity demands diverse roles, that's why we have vacancies to suit everybody. No matter your role at CHCP, we'll support you to thrive.
As the 13thlargest social enterprise in the UK, we're pioneering the move towards independent service delivery. Join us on our journey and help us make historyJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached job description and person specification for a detailed description on the main responsibilities of this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Pharmacy Technician, BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences or equivalent
- GPhC Technician Registered
- Evidence of on-going continuing personal learning/professional development
- Completion of additional medicines management qualification or ability to study towards
- Demonstrate clinical understanding of drug use
- Awareness of law and good practice relating to storage and handling of pharmaceuticals
- Thorough working knowledge and understanding of primary care and medicines management issues
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and of the concepts of clinical effectiveness and a commitment to evidenced based practice
- Knowledge and understanding of the BNF and Drug Tariff
- Thorough theoretical and practical knowledge of dispensing process and preparation of medicinal products
- Knowledge and understanding of standard operating procedures
- Familiarity of laws and good practice relating to the use of medicines in care home setting
- Experience in the dispensing process and preparation of medicinal products
- Able to successfully implement change in a multi-disciplinary team
- Audit and project work
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Familiarity with non-medical prescribing
- Experience of primary care work
- Membership of appropriate groups, organisations etc
- Familiarity with Patient Group Directions
City Health Care Partnership CICAddress
Alexandra HC Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.