We are looking for experienced emergency nurses with a minimum of two years' experience in emergency nursing at band 6, who have completed the emergency nursing course.
Experience shift leading and managing flow is essential.
Applicants will need to demonstrate a dynamic, hardworking, and passionate approach to delivering high quality patient care, which is an example to the junior staff you will be leading.
You will have the opportunity to work in all areas of the department, where you can develop your own clinical and management skills as you further your career.Main duties of the job
- Provide specialist nursing advice to support and facilitate high quality, individualised care to patients/clients and relatives/carers without supervision in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team in line with local and national targets.
- The post holder will provide specialist nursing care and support and deputise for their line manager in the management of their clinical speciality. This will involve dealing with complex situations and having to take appropriate action in a variety of settings.
- To be flexible in the approach to the clinical area and to provide cover for any area specified acting as professional role model providing direct and indirect clinical care, teaching and research.
At Imperial College Healthcare you can achieve extraordinary things with extraordinary people, working with leading clinicians pushing boundaries in patient care. Become part of a vibrant team living our values - expert, kind, collaborative and aspirational. You'll get an experience like no other and will fast forward your career.
Benefits include career development, flexible working and wellbeing, staff recognition scheme. Make use of optional benefits including Cycle to work, car lease schemes, season ticket loan or membership options for onsite leisure facilities. We encourage staff to have the Covid vaccination to protect themselves, patients, other colleagues as well as the wider community. Please note it is an operational requirement to comply with infection prevention and control procedures within the Trust such as lateral flow testing, handwashing and the wearing of masks, according to the procedures in place at any time or location. As part of our continued response to Covid19 we are still conducting the majority of our interviews virtually.
We are committed to equal opportunities and improving the working lives of our staff and will consider applications to work flexibly, part-time or job share.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role and the person specification outlines the qualifications, skills, experience and knowledge required. For both overviews please view the Job Description attachment with the job advert.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Registered Nurse - Degree level
- Emergency Care Module
- Masters or working towards
- 4 years in Emergency Department with at least 2 years at band 6
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Previous B7 experience
- Critical care or acute ward experience
Imperial College Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
St Mary's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.