We are seeking an experienced Deputy or Interim Chief Operating Officer to inspire and lead operational services at Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust contributing to a dynamic and challenging strategy and operational plan both in the Trust and across the local health and care system.
Our vision is to provide an outstanding experience for our patients, their families and the people who work with us. With staffing numbers in excess of 4900, we provide general services across Wiltshire, service the SW with specialist services including Burns, Cleft lip and palate, plastics and our Wessex Rehabilitation centre, whilst our Spinal Injury unit, the Duke of Cornwall centre covers a population of 11 million across the south of England.
As the Interim Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for the management of operational activity across the Trust ensuring that clinical services are delivered in an effective and efficient manner, meeting standards of quality, safety and patient access within agreed resources. As a Board member you will be responsible for the overall Strategic direction of the Trust and for improving co-operation with our partners across the region to enable Salisbury Foundation Trust to realise our Vision.
Preferred start date for the successful candidate would be January 2024. Should you be applying from another NHS Trust this opportunity could be considered as a secondment.Main duties of the job
The role of Interim COO is a pivotal one for the Trust, the successful candidate will work closely with health and care partners across the Bath and NE Somerset, Swindon and Wiltshire (BSW) Integrated Care Board and Acute Hospital Alliance to develop innovative and efficient service solutions which will be critical to our success during the forthcoming winter months.
You will provide compassionate and inclusive leadership across the Trust, empowering all staff to deliver safe, effective and high-quality care, putting patients at the heart of all we do.
Through inspired management of our Divisional Management Teams, you will ensure that the strategic direction and operational leadership of our delivery teams is consistent and clear, enabling effective performance management against objectives and ensuring high standards of corporate governance are adhered to.
We are keen to hear from applicants with extensive senior management experience working in a fast paced and challenging environment, whose drive and purpose will mirror our values perfectly. Outstanding communication, negotiation and influencing skills will be imperative to your success.About us
Based on the original site of a WWII American Field hospital, Salisbury District Hospital celebrates 80years of outstanding care to the population of Wiltshire, Dorset and Hampshire in 2023 and plans are in place to further develop the site in the coming years.
We have developed a new Strategy and adopted a programme of improvement known as 'Improving Together', which seeks to establish a culture that reflects our values and maintains and enhances staff engagement in continuous improvement to deliver our vision and key objectives for patient safety and quality, staff satisfaction and quality standards.
With an overall Care Quality Commission grading of Good, Salisbury Foundation Trust is committed to building a workplace for the future, which will deliver our Vision. We believe in equal opportunities, in an inclusive workplace where everyone is welcome and all are encouraged to be the best version of themselves.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for full details of roles and responsibilities.Person SpecificationShortlisting - EducationEssential
Shortling - ExperienceEssential
- Educated to Masters level or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuing professional development
- Previous experience in a senior leadership role leading management, financial and clinical issues within an acute Trust.
- Leading significant organisational change.
- Building organisational capabilities through establishing a strategic vision and clear direction to enable successful outcomes.
Shortlisting - KnowledgeEssential
- Regional or national profile and an acknowledged leader in own field.
- Board Experience in an acute trust.
- Experience of working across complex organisational structures, in uncertain environments.
- Understanding of NHS performance targets, the safety agenda, financial procedures and statutory regulations.
- Compassionate and empowering leadership, team building and motivation skills.
- Strong analytical and planning expertise, using evidence-based processes.
- Initiates creative and innovative ideas that challenge the status quo to improve performance.
- Builds strong relationships with diverse stakeholders and recognises the importance of inclusion.
- Able to identify, set and maintain high standards across the workforce.
- Involves staff at all levels in decision making, considering alternative or different views to define priorities and actions
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the NHS system and partner healthcare organisations.
- Knowledge of NHS Emergency preparedness systems.
Salisbury NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.