The Neonatal Unit at Blackpool currently cares for around 500 infants per year with a variety of neonatal medical problems in Intensive, High Dependency, Special Care, Transitional Care and Outreach. We are looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated, innovative nurses to join our friendly neonatal team. The successful applicants will be influential in maintaining the team spirit and ensuring that the care provided is safe, of a high quality and compassionate.Main duties of the job
The unit employs both qualified adult & paediatric nurses who are expected to work in all the different levels of care within the unit and across transitional care within the unit and within the maternity setting.
Successful applicants will have a supportive role to the Nurse in charge, ensuring the needs of the unit are met, assisting the non-registered workforce and students. The role requires close working with others in the MDT to deliver high quality care to neonates, prioritising and delivering nursing care and assessment as needed. Successful applicants would be expected to demonstrate high standards of care and set examples of best practise, ensuring patients' safety, privacy and dignity is maintained at all times.
Successful applicants who are not already qualified in speciality, will be required to undertake a training pathway to achieve a qualification in neonatal care which will include travel to a local tertiary unit for further experience.About us
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is a large, integrated provider of acute and community services to the 445,000 population of the Fylde coast health economy and the estimated 11 million visitors to the seaside town of Blackpool. With patients and families at the heart of all we do, we are committed to creating a culture that empowers our staff and inspires us all to deliver first class clinical care. We form a central part of the Healthier Fylde Coast Integrated Care Partnership and our progressive approach to partnership working in the area provides an enviable opportunity to redesign and deliver services that meet the challenges of today's health system.
We are not underestimating the challenges facing today's health system but believe there are the foundations here in Blackpool to deliver truly excellent, integrated services that can make a major impact on the lives of the thousands of people we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesImproving Patient Safety
Improving Patient Experience
- Ensure all policies/protocols/standards are upheld and abide by all policies and procedures regarding implementation of infection prevention and control issues.
- Maintain Health and Safety for all staff, patients, visitors and members of the multidisciplinary team following the Trusts policy.
- The post holder must comply with all relevant policies, procedures and training on infection prevention and control
- Our patients expect to be looked after with compassion, competence, to feel cared for with high regard for their privacy and dignity.
- Encourage completion of the patient experience survey prior to discharge so feedback can be gained to improve service provision.
- Promote family centred care, ensuring that families feel valued, well informed and listened to.
- Be available for families to speak to about their babys care in order that issues be resolved as early as possible and escalate concerns in a timely and appropriate manner.
Please ensure you have read through the attached Job Description and Person Specification before submitting your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registered Nurse/Midwife/RSCN
- Willingness to undertake teaching and assessing qualification
- Willingness to undertake study in relevant speciality subject
- Post registration qualification in neonates
- Mentorship qualification
- Ability to teach peers within clinical area
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Recent experience in an acute clinical environment
- Experience of team and ward management
- Experience of working with neonates or an intensive care environment
- Competent in IV drug administration
- Experience of working as part of an MDT
- Ability to establish priorities
- Team Player & Team Leadership qualities
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Basic I.T. skills
- Decision maker
- Problem solver
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to handle conflict
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Leadership skills
- Venepuncture & Cannulation skills
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Blackpool Teaching Hospitals
Whinney Heys Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.