Are you a dedicated and passionate Dietitian? Are you looking for an exciting leadership opportunity within a prestigious healthcare organisation? Look no further! Kings College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is seeking an exceptional individual to join us as the Head of Nutrition and Dietetics.
As the Head of Nutrition and Dietetics, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and advancing our nutrition and dietetics department. Your expertise and leadership will shape the provision of nutritional care throughout our organization, ensuring the delivery of evidence-based practices and exceptional patient outcomes.Main duties of the job
- Lead and manage the nutrition and dietetics team, providing direction, support, and mentorship to a team of skilled professionals.
- Develop and implement strategic plans to enhance nutritional care services, in alignment with the organisation's goals and objectives.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to integrate nutrition and dietetics into patient care pathways, promoting holistic approaches to health and well-being.
- Drive quality improvement initiatives, utilising data and research to enhance patient outcomes and experiences.
- Foster a culture of continuous learning, supporting professional development opportunities for staff and encouraging innovation within the department.About us
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's largest and busiest teaching Trusts with a turnover of c�1 billion, 1.5 million patient contacts a year and more than 15,000 staff based across South East London. The Trust provides a full range of local and specialist services across its five sites. The trust-wide strategy of Strong Roots, Global Reach is our Vision to be BOLD, Brilliant people, Outstanding care, Leaders in Research, Innovation and Education, Diversity, Equality and Inclusion at the heart of everything we do. By being person-centred, digitally-enabled, and focused on sustainability, we aim to take Team King's to another level.
We are at a pivotal point in our history and we require individuals who are ready to join a highly professional team and make a real, lasting difference to our patients and our people.
King's is committed to delivering Sustainable Healthcare for All via our Green Plan. In line with national Greener NHS ambitions, we have set net zero carbon targets of 2040 for our NHS Carbon Footprint and 2045 for our NHS Carbon Footprint Plus. Everyone's contribution is required in order to meet the goals set out in our Green Plan and we encourage all staff to work responsibly, minimising their contributions to the Trust's carbon emissions, waste and pollution wherever possible. Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Registered Dietitian with significant experience in clinical nutrition and dietetics.
- Proven leadership and management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- Strong understanding of evidence-based practices and current developments in the field.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Commitment to professional development and staying abreast of industry advancements.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationEssential
- Diploma, Batchelor's or Masters qualification in Dietetics
- Registration with the HCPC as a Dietitian
- Recognised and appropriate post-graduate training
- Evidence of significant continuing professional and personal development, including project / change management, budget management and service development
- Educated to masters level in relevant subject or equivalent level of experience of working at a similar level in specialist area acute care
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Recognised postgraduate Leadership or Management qualification, or proven equivalent knowledge and experience.
Skills and CompetenciesEssential
- Extensive experience working in a relevant clinical field
- Experience of working at a management level
- Experience of service delivery in a variety of clinical settings
- Knowledge of clinical governance, health and safety risk awareness
- Evidence of introducing change that has resulted in significant service improvement
- Understanding of professional ethics/ code of conduct on their application in practice
- Understanding the current NHS plan and modernisation agenda and the wider environment within which the NHS operates
- Evidence of ability to facilitate change that has improved outcomes for patients
- Evidence of successful finance, budget and resource management
- Demonstrates KCH Values
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with people from a wide variety of backgrounds both internally and with external agencies, written and verbal
- Highly skilled in providing clear, concise written and verbal reports
- Presentation skills and ability to work effectively with individuals and groups
- Extended Clinical reasoning skills
- Post graduate clinical expertise in defined field of expertise and to be competent clinically active in its application
- Proven organizational skills including prioritisation
- Able to respond to unpredictable work patterns and frequent interruptions
- Works autonomously at an advanced level
- Excellent IT skills, including statistical software packages
- Able to work physically on any KCH site, particularly DH, PRUH & Orpington Hospital
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Counselling and motivational interviewing
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Based at Denmark Hill but Cross Site role
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.