In collaboration with ward-based multidisciplinary teams and the discharge hub, the post-holder will ensure timely and effective patient discharges across the Trust. Additionally, they will oversee the provision of specialist nursing advice, develop and implement agreed-upon policies for managing the discharge process, and ensure clear discharge plans for patients with extended stays exceeding 14 days. They will also conduct Reason to Reside checks for all patients. This responsibility encompasses the weekly Long Length of Stay (LOS) report meeting and other pertinent meetings as necessary.
The post holder will be required to provide seven-day coverage, including bank holidays, with a shift pattern from 08:00 am to 18:00, subject to potential changes as the service evolves.
Their duties involve creating effective discharge plans, which include comprehensive patient assessments and expediting the discharge process for continuing care patients at the ward level, ensuring their safe and timely discharge.
Furthermore, they will provide ongoing support to case managers and assist in decision-making processes.Main duties of the job
Please see the detailed job description and main responsibilities section for primary duties of the job. About us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients, wealso care for you.
We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer to the job description attached.Person SpecificationKnowledge RequirementsEssential
QualificationsAcademic/ Craft/ ProfessionalEssential
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Ability to change, manage and motivate others
- Knowledge of audit and research
- An understanding of partners roles to facilitate discharge planning
- First level registered nurse
- First degree
- Teaching qualification
- Masters degree
- Community nursing experience
- Experience in HCOP
- Mandatory update
- Management course (or working towards)
- Car driver
- Computer skills
- Experience at a Band 5 or above with specialist skills and knowledge in assessing the needs of patients with complex health and social care needs and extensive experience within medical / care of the elderly nursing.
- Knowledge and experience of intermediate care services.
- Evidence of multidisciplinary working at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of the legislation for discharge processes
- In depth knowledge of continuing health and social care policies
- Policy writing and interpretations
- Change management skills
- Recent participation in clinical audit and / or research project
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Continued professional development.
- Demonstrate professionalism and patient advocacy
- Ability to work flexibly within the hours of the department or to meet the demands of the service.
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Kings Mill Hospital
Sutton is Ashfield
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.