Are you an experienced nurse looking for a new challenge who is willing to share your knowledge and skills.
Or a newly qualified nurse looking to start and develop in your nursing career.
This is an exciting opportunity for band 5 Staff Nurses to join our forward-thinking nursing team on Ward C3 in Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda, Community Hospital. The hospital supports patients' rehabilitation needs and complex discharge planning.
Ward C3 is a 27 bedded ward, with a variety of medical and post operative surgical patients, whilst also supporting the patients on the All-Wales Trauma Pathway. Ward C3 provides a safe environment where patients can receiverehabilitation assessments, along with focusedtherapy to support independence.
We require enthusiastic motivated individuals who have the ability and passion to work within our friendly ward team. Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda is continuously expanding its services and we require staff nurses who have the ambition to help drive these changes and help expand the service we offer.We offer ward-based training so you should be motivated, keen to learn and ready to embrace change. We are able to offer both full and part-time posts within our team.
Knowing that you're making a difference to people's lives is rewarding in itself. But our role offers much more than that. As well as helping you grow and develop your talent, we want you to feel proud of where you work and what you do.Main duties of the job
The post holder will:
- Be responsible for the management a group of patients, and occasionally take charge of the ward/department, and its resources for the duration of their duty.
- Be responsible for maintaining high standards of patient care
- Be responsible for ensuring that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Be responsible for the support and supervision of junior staff.
- Be responsible for maintaining accurate, current, comprehensive and concise records concerning the condition of the client, in accordance with NMC Standards for Record & Record Keeping and the UHB's Patient Record Policy.
- Liaise with the appropriate Clinical Specialists i.e. Doctors, Physiotherapists, Occupational Therapists and Clinical Nurse Specialists, in relation to individual patient requirements and planned programmes of care.
We would like to hear from you if you can demonstrate your passion and commitment to the provision of high quality patient centered care. You will be able to work as part of a large multi disciplinary team, demonstrating excellent communication skills and an ability to work effectively with the ward team in a very busy and fast paced environment to deliver excellent standards of patient care.
If you are motivated to deliver high standards of care and have the personal qualities and characteristics we are looking for then this could be the post for you.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post English and/or Welsh speakers are equally welcome to apply.About us
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board is part of the NHS Wales family. Our Health Board provides primary, secondary and community health and wellbeing services to around 450,000 people living in three County Boroughs: Bridgend Merthyr Tydfil, and Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We live by our core values:
- We listen, learn and improve
- We treat everyone with respect
- We all work together as one team
We are a proud local employer around 80% of our 15000 workforce live within our region, making our staff not only our lifeblood of our organisation but of the diverse communities that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will be able to find a full Job description and Person Specification attached within the supporting documents or please click Apply now to view in TracPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential Desirable ExperienceEssential
- Meets all essential criteria as per attached job description/person specification
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Meets all desirable criteria as per attached job description/person specification
Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health BoardAddress
Ysbyty Cwm Rhondda Hospital
Partridge Road, Llwynypia
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.