Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Trust is currently undertaking a wide ranging improvement programme within our Estates & Facilities department in the drive to align with our strategic objectives when we move to our brand new new hospital in the next few years.
Following a couple of retirements we are looking for 2 Maintenance Managers who want to join us on our improvement journey to our new hospital, who have the ability, tenacity and desire to embed those improvements whilst we are still at our City Road site
You will be someone that is keen to develop your skills and use your expertise to lead your team to drive forwards and to become a well managed and compliant service with a motivated workforce who are empowered to become the best Estates team in the NHS.Main duties of the job
You will hold operational and professional responsibility for a wide range of estates services and ensure your team act in a service provider manner,
You will ensure service quality, statutory compliance, value for money and continuous improvement.
You will report to the Hard Services Manager for areas of responsibility including mechanical. electrical, fabric and minor works and be the authorised person for one or more of the disciplines under your remit.About us
The Estates and Facilities Team seek to provide our customers (patients, visitors & staff) with an excellent level of service that allows them to perform to the best of their ability in their role with a well presented and functioning environment with limited or no disruption to their working location.
You will be given all the support you need within E& F as well as from our Trust partners and stakeholders to manage the department to be an always improving team that has the ultimate goal of being ready for the move to a brand new building which is expected to be ready for operation in 2027. PROBATIONARY PERIOD
This post will be subject to a probationary period of 6 months.
During the probationary period, your suitability for continued employment will be assessed and provided a satisfactory standard is achieved and maintained, your employment will be confirmed.The probationary period may be extended or your employment terminated either during or at the end of probation, in line with the trust Probationary Policy. For the duration of the probation period, the notice period will be in line with contractual obligations on either side.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please read through the accompanying Job Description for full list of roles, responsibilities and our expectations.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or relevant experience.
- Specialist qualifications relating to estates management
- Membership of a professional body relating to the role
- Minimum of 5 years' experience of maintenance management, of multiple teams across multiple sites.
- Detailed working knowledge of Preventative and Reactive maintenance regimes
- Experience of successfully managing a budget
- Proven experience of managing a team of qualified maintenance personnel
- Use of information and financial systems adopted within the NHS
- To be conversant in and understand HTM and HBN regulations
Skills and QualitiesEssential
- A good working knowledge of Health and Safety principles.
- An evidenced knowledge of statutory compliance applicable to all relevant Estates and Engineering systems and building elements
- Knowledge of information systems for the management of maintenance activity
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate including the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to lead and motivate a team
Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.