Band 6 - Community Psychiatric Nurse, Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHTT)
We are looking for experienced mental health nurse to join our busy and dynamic Crisis Resolution and Home Treatment Team (CRHTT) based in Watford, West Hertfordshire. The Team
Main duties of the jobYou will be:
- Exceptional service in an organisation with big ambitions.
- We are a team looking for enthusiastic clinicians that are positive about leading future change and development, to ensure the highest standards of care are available to our service users.
- As a University Trust, we have close links to the University of Hertfordshire, and our team have optimised this opportunity in providing excellent learning and development opportunities to our staff.
- An experienced clinician working with service users at various phases of their mental health.
- Passionate about making a difference for individuals and their carer's during their personal journey.
- Ambitious to work within this challenging role, in a challenging environment, with real scope to develop and influence practice.
- Providing urgent assessments to those considered to have acute mental health concerns and to robust home treatment options as an alternative to hospital admission.
- A role that is varied and challenging, offering an opportunity to work in a variety of settings, with people with a variety of mental health needs.
- As gatekeepers for hospital admission, you will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and effective treatment in the community, and facilitate early discharges from the acute inpatient units.
- Working collaboratively with our service users, their carer's and our colleagues to positively manage risk in the acute care pathway, whilst enabling and empowering an individuals' recovery journey.
We are one of just five mental health trusts to achieve an overall rating of 'Outstanding' from theCare Quality Commission
Our family of over 3500 members of staff provide health and social care for people with mental ill health, physical ill health and learning disabilities across Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, and Norfolk, delivering these services within the community and several inpatient settings. Everything is underpinned by choice, independence and equality, with our Trust values embedded throughout: Welcoming. Kind. Positive. Respectful. Professional.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will support the Team Leader in the development and implementation of a multiprofessional Crisis Resolution/Home Treatment Team providing a high quality service to meet the needs of people in acute phases of mental illness, and their carers.
To ensure efficient and effective running of the team, providing Leadership and supervision within the multi-disciplinary staff group as appropriate.
You will undertake urgent assessments of people with mental health problems in acute crisis and where appropriate provide intensive community based treatment/support services as an alternative to inpatient admission.
The service will be available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
You will be responsible for helping to establish and maintain team systems and processes for effective team working and processes, including outcome measures and audit under the direction of the Team Manager For a more in-depth Job and Person Specification please read attached documents Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Post-registration experience with at least some experience at band 6
- Experience in acute and community areas.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Experience in care planning, change management and use of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of physical health contributions to Mental Health issues, difficulties and assessment
- Experience in working with acute mental health problems in community setting
- RMN or Dip / BSc (Hons) in Mental Health Nursing
Employer detailsEmployer name
- ENB 998 / Preceptorship and Mentorship.
- ENB 812 / BSc (Hons) Specialist Community Nursing Practice (Mental Health) or similar training.
Hertfordshire Partnership University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Southwest Crisis Resolution Home Treatment Team, 21 Upton Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.