An opportunity has arisen for a post as a consultant old age psychiatrist in this well respected and established service. Pennine Care Foundation Trust has an excellent record of supporting innovative Old Age Psychiatry and is a popular trust to work for. Pennine Care has robust financial governance and respected, influential Medical Leadership and Management.Main duties of the job
There are close working links with Colleagues in Primary Care, Working Age Psychiatry, Neurology, Medicine including Medicine for the Elderly and the, Tameside CCG and the Local Authority.
The Service has been recognised in the recent CARES awards.
The post covers a sector. The successful candidate will be responsible for the assessment and care of people, 65 years and over in the community and as inpatients. You will work with experienced inpatient staff and CMHT staff including a Home Intervention Team. The service has a very wide breadth of expertise.
Memory Assessment Services are established and the service is under review and evolving.
Core 24 services have been established and are in further development.
On Call Duties are currently on a citywide rota and are under review to become borough based.
Use of a car or suitable means of transport is highly desirable.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. We're really proud of our#PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure we're a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification to support your application for this post. Please refer to the essential criteria in the person specification which will highlight the skills, knowledge and experience you will need to demonstrate in your application, by way of example, to give yourself the best opportunity to be shortlisted.
**Please note the job description is awaiting approval from the Royal College**Person SpecificationEducation / QualificationsEssential
- MBChB or equivalent
- Eligibility for inclusion on specialist register for Old Age Psychiatry
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGEEssential
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Progress towards additional Post Graduate Degree, such as Msc or MD.
- Good Interpersonal and team working skills.
- Leadership skills
- Eligible for Section 12 (2) MHA approval
- Knowledge of relevant requirements and legislation such as the Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, Care Programme Approach etc
- An additional area of relevant special interest
- Actively involved in continuing professional development
- Travel independent of public transport
- Experience of teaching and training.
MOTIVATION AND ATTITUDEEssential
- Experience relevant to modern community orientated old age psychiatry.
- Experience of management.
- Experience of service development and planning.
- Experience of Forensic or Intensive Care services.
- Committed to Continuing Professional development.
- Flexible and able to adapt
- Enthusiastic and likely to contribute to the life of the department
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation
- Further personal professional development.
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
The Meadows, Stockport
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.