CNWL has some exciting roles available in Milton Keynes - for the right people. Could you be one of them?
To improve the quality of care received by people with mental health needs in their local community, Adult Mental Health Community Services are delivered from a central location, called the Milton Keynes Community Mental Health Hub (MK MH Hub), based in Westcroft Health Centre.
The MK MH Hub brings together a wide range of mental health professionals working together as a multi-disciplinary team to provide evidence-based health and social care interventions. With service users at its heart, our aim is to deliver excellent care at the right time with a mutual focus on recovery.
Within the Hub three separate pathways are defined (Psychosocial, Diagnostic and Condition Management, and Therapies) from which all service users are able to access interventions such as Peer Support, Individual Placement Support, Coaching, and/or Specialist Therapy, dependent on their individual needs. Interventions are delivered both as groups and individual 1:1 sessions.Main duties of the job
The Hub works closely with third sector agencies including the Crisis Caf in Milton Keynes, as well as Milton Keynes University Hospital and the Local Authority. There are also opportunities for appropriately experienced staff to work in partnership with Thames Valley Police and South Central Ambulance Services.
Post holders will need to:
- Have an excellent knowledge of Mental Health conditions, therapies and current mental health legislation.
- Demonstrate the ability to support and apply a holistic, person-centred, approach to assessing and supporting the health and social care needs of people experiencing severe and enduring mental illness, who have been referred to the Hub.
Were passionate about delivering first-class patient-centred, safe and effective care, whether it is in a hospital setting, in a community clinic or in the patients own home. Patients are at the heart of everything we do. Providing top quality care depends on our ability to employ the best people. Were always looking to recruit outstanding people who will go the extra mile to support our patients, colleagues, teams and the Trust. With every new employee were hoping to find our future leaders and well support our staff by providing opportunities to develop your career.With a diverse culture and equally diverse range of opportunities across mental health, community services, addictions, eating disorders, learning disabilities and more whatever stage of your career you're at, there's always a place for you at CNWL.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesComplex Emotional Needs Practitioner (Band 7). Clinical role.
Full time, 37.5 hours/week.
The successful applicant will be able to deliver care and treatment for service users within the Complex Emotional Needs pathway, primarily supporting people diagnosed with Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder.Person SpecificationEducation and QualificationsEssential
- Core Profession (Mental Health Nurse, OT, Social Worker, Clinical or Counselling Psychologist) and current live registration
- Mentor/Supervisor qualification i.e. 998 or equivalent
- Significant post qualifying experience of working in the field of mental health
- Experience of completing detailed risk assessments based on information from varied sources
- Experience of working in the community and working with a multi agency network
- Experience of supervising staff and students
- Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Demonstrate skills in conducting, evaluating audit research and clinical governance projects
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full driving license and use of a car for business purposes
Central and North West London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Westcroft Health Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.