An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Manager and Governance Lead to come and work within The Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital.
Reporting to the Director of Risk and Improvement, you will be responsible for a wide range of activities including supporting the Board and managing the Executive office to ensure governance arrangements are organised and met.
If you are an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who has commitment and strong attention to detail, and are looking for a varied and fulfilling role, then we are looking for you to join us. This is an excellent opportunity for you to expand and develop your skills and knowledge.Main duties of the job
To provide expert support to members fo the Board and Committees. Support the Director of Corporate Affairs in effective governance arrangements. Support will include amongst others, monitor and report on LHCH's compliance with the Code of Governance, monitor compliance with the Trust's fit and proper persons policy, support the processfor appointment and re-reappointment of NEDs.About us
The Executive Office provides a fundamental role in supporting Executive and Non Executive Directors, the Board and Committees, as well as interactions with external stakeholders. The team deliver a professional support role, with flexibility and team work key to success.
As the largest single site specialist heart and chest hospital in the UK, we, at Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital, have a clear vision 'to be the best cardiothoracic integrated healthcare organisation'. We provide specialist services in cardiothoracic surgery, cardiology, respiratory medicine both in the hospital and out in the community. We serve a catchment area of 2.8 million people, spanning Merseyside, Cheshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man, and increasingly we receive referrals from outside these areas for highly specialised services such as aortics. Our reputation for strong performance is important in delivering the best care for our patients and high quality clinical services. This is underpinned by a culture of research and innovation, delivered in modern estate and our encouragement of flexible working in a variety of forms.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The role will have key responsibilities to support the Director of Risk and Improvement in ensuring effective governance arrangements. The role will require effective use of reason, intellect and judgement to make informed decisions within areas of responsibility and proactively deal with a diverse range of tasks whist ensuring that all required standards are met. Reliability, commitment, flexibility and strong attention to detail are essential to the role.
Key Working Relationships
The post-holder will serve as an ambassador for the Trust, representing the organanisation and portraying a professional image that is consistent with the Trusts values and behaviours. The post-holder will develop and maintain effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders, both internal and external to the Trust and to support them in delivery of their roles and achievement of the Trusts vision to be the best and strategic objectives.
These stakeholders include, but are not limited to:
Board / Executive Team members
Colleagues throughout the organisation at all levels
External NHS organisations including partner Trusts, CCGs, specialist commissioners, regulators, MPs
Governors, members, patients, visitors and members of the publicPerson SpecificationInterpersonal SkillsEssential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen effectively, interpret what is needed and determine any possible support that the role can provide
- Able to act with tact and sensitivity and to establish trust and confidence in the team.
- Punctual, reliable, calm and self-motivating.
- Ability to deal with interruptions whilst concentrating on planned work and respond professionally and efficiently to unplanned events, changes to schedules and on occasion situations involving stress or conflict.
- Degree educated and /or able to demonstrate equivalent training and experience to post graduate diploma level experience.
- GSCEs (or equivalent) passes in Maths and English.
- Business management qualification.
- Secretarial Qualification.
- High proficiency in use of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Use of Internet.
- Advanced minute taking at Board / Sub Board level Committees.
- Demonstrable experience as senior secretary / PA working in a busy office environment.
- Ability to understand and apply policies and procedures.
Values & BehavioursEssential
- Experience of managing bespoke IT systems e.g MES Declare or similar.
- NHS experience and familiarity with NHS governance structures and policies.
- Previous PA experience at CEO or Director level.
- Experience of working in a customer-focused environment
- Experience of dealing with politically sensitive situations and information.
- Motivated to be the best - must live by LHCH PACT values and behaviours and in particular demonstrate strong team ethos.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
- Willingness to learn and openness to change e.g. embrace new technology.
- Takes pride in themselves, their appearance, their role and where they work.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively, juggling conflicting deadlines with limited supervision.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Desk based work and use of VDU for significant part of day.
- Transportation and setting up of computer equipment/ presentation materials / hospitality.
- Occasional Travel and Accommodation.
Liverpool Heart and Chest HospitalAddress
Liverpool Heart and Chest Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.