The new Deputy Chief Executive Officer is an exceptional career opportunity for a truly transformational leader.
The Trust is a vibrant and progressive organisation providing a comprehensive range of acute, emergency, community and planned care across two main hospital sites to a population of over 500,000 across north Kent and south east London. Rated as 'Good' by the CQC, with a turnover of �373m, we are committed to continuing our journey towards being an 'Outstanding' organisation where the quality of our clinical care and patient experience are regarded as best in class for an NHS Trust.
We are now seeking an experienced, driven, innovative, inspirational and inclusive Deputy Chief Executive Officer who has the ability to lead a diverse portfolio of services, including Estates and facilities, Communications and the Kent and Medway system. You will deputise for the Chief Executive Officer and provide consistent leadership to set the tone and culture for the organisation. You will have the ability to build credibility, inspire confidence and influence people at all levels in the organisation.Main duties of the job
You will be an experienced board executive in the NHS or wider healthcare sector, preferably with a strong provider background. You will have a track record in leading complex change and managing external relationships and priorities. You will be a strong leader of teams, living our values in all that you do, bringing challenge to thinking across the Trust in how we support and improve the wellbeing and health of our communities. Alongside this, you will be an exceptional communicator with an understanding of how to lead change together with a proven track record of delivering significant transformation. You will also be a champion for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, helping our staff to feel appreciated, supported and included in the Trust's successes.
This role is a rare opportunity to join a highly talented group of colleagues in continuing to build the future success of a well-regarded and patient-focused organisation. We welcome interest from a diverse range of candidates who demonstrate the inclusive leadership attributes required to thrive in this role and whose values and passion align with our commitment to serve our communities.About us
We are committed to being an inclusive and diverse employer. We strive to employ people who reflect the communities we serve, and aim to create an inclusive culture where everyone can reach their full potential. Whatever your race, ethnicity, belief, generation, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, disability or experience, you'll appreciate the opportunities we give you to work in an inclusive atmosphere. We welcome applications from people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences to build on the progress we've achieved to make our Trust diverse and the best place to work. We celebrate the diversity of thought, viewpoints and ideas that help us overcome challenges and embrace new possibilities. We have signed the Armed Forces Covenant Pledge and have a commitment to the Armed Forces Community.
If you are considering applying for a role, please be aware that as an NHS Employee you may have contact with vulnerable service users. We strongly encourage that all our staff are vaccinated against COVID-19 and are vaccinated annually against Flu, in order to protect the health and safety of our staff and patients. Your commitment will help us to put the safety and care of our patients first, as well as helping us to protect you and your colleagues.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Estates and Facilities function. As a PFI hospital, the Estates function can be complex requiring skills in negotiating and influencing to achieve the required outcomes for our patients.
Public Relations and Communication team, overseeing the Trust's communication strategy for both internal and external communications.
Leading the Trust's Interactions and integration with the Health and Care Partnership in both Kent and South East London to improve the health outcomes for the local population
Leading on specific corporate projects to facilitate the delivery of excellence and outstanding performance outcomes for the organisation.Person SpecificationQualification and TrainingEssential
- Graduate level qualification/training in relevant areas
- Masters Level education or equivalent
- Post-graduate management qualifications or equivalent experience
- Evidence of continuous professional development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Project management qualifications
- Experience and successful track record at Board in an NHS organisation, preferably within an NHS provider within an Acute and or Community setting
- Demonstrable success in leading and delivering change and performance with and through management and Clinical teams, by engaging them in the strategic direction and delivery plans, establishing clear work priorities with them, delegating effectively, ensuring a capability to deliver, monitoring performance and giving feedback
- Demonstrable experience of developing relationships into productive partnerships, cross boundary working and working with stakeholders at all levels to achieve system and organisational excellence
- Experience in, and understanding of working within a regulatory framework, and in collaboration with regulators.
- Track record of successfully leading transformation and change in a variety of project/programme environment at a senior level
- Experience and track record of pro-actively managing performance
- Demonstrable experience of using data to lead improvement
- Expert knowledge of Improvement tools and techniques.
- Deep understanding and ability to work across organisational boundaries
- Experience of building high performing, cohesive teams, and inspiring others to achieve excellence.
- Proven experience of effective demand and capacity planning to ensure the Trust is well placed to deliver quality outcomes for our patients and people
- A record of successful workforce, financial and resource management, ensuring high performance and holding individuals to account
- Previous experience of outstanding leadership in service delivery and innovation in healthcare.
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of leading place based integration working closely with primary care networks and GP confederation
Disposition and AttitudeEssential
- Effective and strategic influencing skills at all levels in the organisation including Trust Board
- Strategic thinker with highly developed influencing, persuasion and negotiation skills and using them to bring about change and develop services, standards, and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaborative working skills and ability to build strong relationships with clinical leaders and professional staff groups
- Evidence of formulating long term strategic plans which have an impact across the organisation and in place
- Evidence of consistently working in a matrix structure where resource may not be under direct control to achieve results and targets
- Proven ability in using benchmarking tools to drive improvements in a relevant context
- Intellectual flexibility and agility, with ability to think conceptually, recognise assumptions and evaluate arguments
- Ability to motivate, inspire and provide innovative solutions.
- Track record of leading continuous improvement to transform services and patient outcomes
- Passionate about high quality patient care, delivering outstanding outcomes and reducing health inequalities, and creating a culture of inclusion
- Understanding of the NHS, its infrastructure and partner organisations
- Resilient under pressure and ability to remain calm in a crisis
- Personal credibility, with the ability to gain confidence and inspire people at all levels
- Effective building long lasting relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated, with an enthusiasm to learn and develop and a willingness to improve
- Business acumen and financial awareness
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Politically astute, understanding and able to communicate what can and cannot be delivered at senior level
- Highly motivated and positive leader with ability to shape the future and motivate staff to perform at the highest level
- Confidence in achieving results in an inclusive and collaborative manner.
Dartford and Gravesham NHS TrustAddress
Darent Valley Hospital
Darenth Wood Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.